Chapter Eleven

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The Next Morning, Christy gently walks down the stairs and into the courtyard.

"Hi, are you Mrs. Christy Nelson-Mikaelson?" A woman vampire asked.

"I am." Christy said, slowly walks up to the woman vampire. "Who's asking?"

The woman vampire hands Christy an index care, which she gently takes it in her hand.

And the woman vampire vamp-speeds away, upon Christy glancing up.

Confused, Christy looks at the index card.

Join me for dinner at the St. James Infirmary. You might have a change of mind, but I do hope that you at least, come. — Marcalos

Christy looks at the note written on the index card.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

WOODRUFF PUBLISHING COMPANY

Christy gently knocks on Mr. Chase Woodruff's office door. He glances up at her and gestures for her to come on in.

 He glances up at her and gestures for her to come on in

[Christy's Outfit]

"Hi, Chase." I said, sitting down on the sofa. "I assume that you checked out my story manuscript."

"I have, and I love it." Mr. Chase Woodruff said with a smile.

"By the way, you changed the publishing company "Concore" to "Woodruff"? Christy asked.

"Yeah." Chase Woodruff answered. " 'Concore' " was a bit . . ."

"Boring-ish." Christy said.

"Yeah. Something like that." Christy said. "But anyhoo, I just wanted to check my boss."

"I'm fine. Editor chief." Chase Woodruff said to her with a small smile.