9

Dead? But how could her parents be...dead? Could it be her parents? Or just a coincidence?
"Honey? Suga cakes?" Kailee stood at Beatrice's white, wooden door and waited for a reply. Nothing. All she heard was the loud sobs of a sad and lonely child. "Why are you cryin'? Is everythang alright?"
"I-I'm okay." Beatrice finally answered. "Did you, umm...did you happen to hear the names of the married couple?"
"I believe they were Madison and Daniel Sparrow...isn't that yo last name?" Kailee looked at Henry in shock.
Beatrice crumbled up into a ball and sobbed even louder. She cried for hours upon hours at the thought of her parents being dead.
Henry and Kailee sat there at her door the whole time, just talking and frantically wondering about what to do with Beatrice. I mean, two cats cannot raise a child.
"Well, I'll see ya later. Catch ya on the flippity-flop!" Kailee slowly walked down the stairs with Henry and out the door. But before she walked through the doorway, she turned her head towards Henry and kissed him. Henry waited for her to leave so he could run around and jump in excitement and happiness. But then, he remembered what had happened to Beatrice.
He opened Beatrice's door to find her looking out her bedroom window at the blankness of the sky.
"Look, I'm sorry what had happened. I should've told you earlier-"
"You knew about it?! And you didn't tell me?! How long have they been dead?! Spill!!" Beatrice's face began to get red in anger. She stood right in front Henry as if she was going to kick him.
"I knew since the second day they were gone..." Henry hid his face to shield himself from a hit. "I'm sorry..."
Beatrice just cried harder. How could Henry not tell her? He was now the closest thing she had to a friend now. She had no siblings...and now...no parents. That thought made her feel as if she was going to collapse.
"But...were they...murdered?" Beatrice sat with her legs in her chest and her arms wrapped around them. Her face looked as if she'd been outside when a downpour was going on.
"I honestly don't know, Beatrice. All I know is that they were gone by the time they left."
"They were gone almost instantly?! And how could I not tell!?" Beatrice flopped backwards and looked up at her plain white ceiling. I wish I could do this over again and make them never leave....she thought.
Beatrice fell asleep and woke up to an aroma of pancakes and bacon. She'd slept all through the night and into the next day.
Beatrice's eyes became red after a long night of crying and mourning the death of her beloved parents.