8

"He was a lucky man Y/n"
"John...what if he's still out there?"
"It's been two and a half years you have to let go Y/n"
"I... I'm sorry John"
_______________________________
Soap had moved in not long after returning and everything was running smoothly. Almost two years had passed since that day meaning Zaria was already four years old.
Soap gently rubbed Y/n back while she made breakfast and she smiled warmly.
"Good morning John" she spoke and he smiled.
"Good morning Y/n... how did you sleep last night?"
"Oh I had a wonderful dream" she whispered and he chuckled softly.
"Which was about?" He asked curiously.
"Hmmm nothing in particular" she muttered quietly and he sighed softly before sitting on the counter top.
"Y/n it's been three years since he went on that mission you have to let him go" John whispered and watched as the woman tensed up. She shook her head slightly.
"John... you're still going to watch Zaria as I go on a work trip correct?" She asked and he nodded his head. "Thank you... I leave in a while" she muttered. Zaria came up to her mom and smiled warmly.
"Mommy Will you be back soon?"
"Yes baby girl! I'll be home in a couple days" she whispered warmly and gave her daughter a warm hug followed by a kiss.
"Okay mommy... Uncle soap is fun so I'll be okay I promise" the young girl spoke happily. "We play superhero just like daddy!" She spoke happily.
The woman looked at her with softened eyes before sighing softly. "Yes... just like daddy" she whispered and gently rubbed their noses together.
"I love you mommy" she whispered and Y/n smiled.
"I love you too baby girl" Y/n spoke softly.
After a couple moments she finished up breakfast and served it to the other two before sitting next to them at the table. It was pancakes which were Zaria's favorite.
Y/n had started working with the government and quite frankly she was the big boss's secretary. She went everywhere with him and quite frankly they were going to a big event. Leaders from other countries would be there... it was a form of peaceful gathering to discuss matters.
Y/n had packed a formal dress as it was quite important to dress nice. The boss called her soon enough saying he was on the way to pick her up.
She kissed Zaria goodbye and farewell before giving a warm hug to John. She was picked up and she put her luggage into the back of the car. The dress hung from one of the little loops.
She found herself slipping into a light slumber in the passenger seat. Women only by the end of their journey... which was to a private jet. They unloaded and guards escorted the two of them in.
"Sleep if you're tired Y/n" the boss spoke and she smiled softly.
"Thank you sir" she whispered and she sat down.
"How have you been holding?"
"I've been alright"
"Zaria?"
"She misses her dad but John has stepped in and helped a lot"
"Ah... well there is a chance he's out there Y/n... we're still looking for him"
"I hope so Sir" she whispered before looking out of the window.
The trip was long but they arrived to a small hotel... the town was lovely. It was more of a city than a town as the meeting was happening within a building which resembled an old castle. It was gorgeous well kept and looked amazing.
They stayed in a hotel all but a ten minute drive from the building. She rested up before the day ahead of them.
As the time slowly approached for the meeting they all dressed nicely. Suits, ties, dresses and heels. Y/n stood in the mirror wearing a long black dress which had a slit up to the thigh. With that she wore black heels which complimented her dress even more.
The two had arrived at the meeting area and walked in finding music, drinks, food, everything that would resemble a party.
"Ah the man of the hour arrives with a beauty who is this?" A man asked and shook hands with the boss.
"My assistant Y/n Riley" he spoke softly and she bowed her head to the male.
"Riley... that last name is familiar" the man spoke and she held her breath. "No worries please enjoy the party... later I'll fetch you and we as well as the other leaders will go up and talk in the meeting room" the unfamiliar man spoke and her boss nodded his head slightly.
"Go run along and have some fun Y/n you only live once" the man spoke and she sighed softly.
"Yes sir"
_________________
A man from across the room watcher as she moved gracefully across the floor. She was weightless and practically floated feet never hitting the ground. Something was so familiar about this woman yet he couldn't quite put his finger on it.
A mask covered his face just a black face mask covering a lot of his features. But his blue eyes still stayed glued to the woman as she seemed on edge... looking for someone maybe?
Slowly he made his way over to the woman and offered her his scarred hand.
"Hello" he spoke and the woman lifted her eyes from the drink in her hands.
"Hello..." she whispered the features of his face hard to read in such lighting.
"What is a young woman like you doing all alone?" He asked and she tapped her glass with her well manicured nails.
"Ah... looking for someone"
"Oh and who would that be?"
"My husband... he's been missing for a while I'm still waiting on news" she spoke honestly.
"I am very sorry to hear that" he whispered a soft accent lacing his words it was foreign... Russian maybe?
"I didn't catch your name" Y/n spoke and he smiled softly.
"How about we dance"