A Happy Ending

A million thoughts were running through my head, moments ago he had basically tried to kill me. But I was taught to be a good Vincentian girl. "Let me try to understand" I gently cooed as I put my hand on his arm. He turned to face me, gazing back into my eyes. "You could never understand, I'm too different from you" he frowned. "Please?" I pleaded with him. Father Maher sighed "Okay, I will tell you. But please promise me you won't be scared." I nodded my head as he continued to speak " I... I... I'm a werewolf". My eyes widened in surprise but I stayed silent. I thought for a moment about how to respond and carefully selected my words. "Thank you for telling me and I'm not scared of you Father Mather". Father Maher looked relieved. "Please call me James" he smiled. I smiled back at him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"But I do have one question, why did you attack me earlier like that?". Father Maher sighed, twiddling his thumbs. He fumbled over his words as he spoke "This is so embarrassing but it's because your scent attracted me, I think you're my fated mate" he blushed slightly as he finished his sentence. "I... I don't know what to say," I said as I sat in shock. "Don't feel obliged to say anything nice, you're free to leave if you want" Father Maher said with a hint of sadness. He started to stand up but I grabbed his wrist, "wait" I whispered. Father Maher stopped in his tracks, turning back to face me. "I... I want to stay with you," I said confidently. Father Maher cried tears of joy, he pulled me into a sweet, tender embrace. I relaxed in his strong arms and knew immediately that this was home.