CHAPTER XXV

Imani POV

After my 'punishment' I couldn't find it in me to face Giovanni. I fucking hate alcohol man, till this day I still couldn't believe I was begging him to take me that day, talk about being betrayed by your own body. Ever since that incident my emotions were everywhere. Yes I was avoiding him but every part of me wanted to run to him, I know one thing for sure though, I still hated him or so I thought .

It was currently around 10 pm, I was watching a movie with Rusello and Matteo downstairs when Gio send Matteo on an errand, 15 minutes after he left I decided to just go sleep so I was currently in my room trying to find the sleep. My mind was plagued by images of Gio and what happened that day. This was now my new sleeping schedule thanks to shadowman's dumbass. It had been a while since I called him Sman but his name just made things worse so I'll be sticking to his nickname for a while.

After thirty minutes of twisting and turning in my blankets I decided to go make warm milk, maybe it would help me sleep. I went down to the kitchen and opened the fridge, I took out the milk and the cheesecake that I just couldn't leave when I saw.

After my late night snack I was just seating on the barstool rethinking my entire existence in this house. Was I really catching the Stockholm syndrome, no can't be it, I'm just lusting him yeah .

He shouldn't be popping up in your mind that much if it was just lust but continue lying to yourself bitch. You want more than to let him bust you open and bend you like a pretzel and you know it ...

Damn, sometimes I wonder who's side my mind be on for real. I stood up to make my way back to bed, sleep better come or I'll be damned. I passed Gio's office on my way there and a bad idea popped up, I had been wondering who the heck this man was and I'm pretty sure I'll find something in his office, without thinking twice I turned around and held his door. My eyes lit up when it clicked open.

I went in and walked straight to his desk, his office was dimly lit so I could still locate everything. I sat on his chair and I don't know if it was just me but a presence of power hit me
Okay Giovanni, who TF are you I thought to myself as I started digging through the folders on his desk .

I didn't find anything really except for his
full name which was a shame. I tried opening the drawers on his desk but they were all locked .
Smooth move Giovanni Luciano Hildago
As I was about to get up and leave in defeat a picture that sat on his book shelf caught my attention. I walked up to it and picked it up and there were three people in the picture, a lady that was on a wheelchair who had a cute little girl sitting on her lap with two pigtails tied, she had jet black her and olive eyes which was the complete opposite from the woman who was carrying her. She had a warm smile, wore glasses and had brown curly hair. Next to her stood a mini version of Giovanni, except the boy had a warm smile and looked and the girl who was sitting on the lady with so much love. This should be his family, his mother and sister , how come I had never seen his sister. Come to think of it I had never seen any of his family but then again I was a hostage so...

As I put it back it slipped and fell and the frame broke .
"Shit" I whispered to myself as I bend over to pick it up. As I held the picture I realised that it was folded to hide someone in the picture. I opened it and saw man who seemed like he could've been in his late 30s standing next to Gio, he has long black hair that was tied in a low bun and he had blue lifeless eyes. He held no emotion whatsoever , looking at him sent chills down my spine. Was this his father ? Well it would make sense with the way he looked like Gio and the little girl seating in the picture.

I tried standing up to put the picture back and I pushed back a book which led to the shelf splitting to two and a passage appear before me. Holy shit , a secret passage , knowing me a criminology major you know damn well I'll explore and I did.
I followed the passage and it led me to stairs that led to something that looked like a basement. Halfway down the stairs I heard something that sounded like groans and that was supposed to be my wakeup call so I turn around but I continued anyways. I hit the bottom and grunts of pain filled the room. I walked in further and I saw Matteo standing in what looked like a cell, what was  going on here . I walked towards the cell and spotted Ares standing over a man who seemed to be holding a gun on someone on the floor.

My heart start racing fast and before I could even fully understand what this place was and why it reeked of blood the gun went off

"WHAT THE FUCK" I screamed

The man who just shot someone turned towards me an it was none other than Gio, his blue eyes held so much darkness they reminded me of his father in that picture, I could feel the tears pouring down my cheeks, I was lost for words. My eyes scanned over Gio and his hands were so bloody, so was his white shirt. He handed the gun to Ares
"Take her back to her room and make sure she doesn't leave until I say" he said with venom filled in his voice .
What the... Did I just witness a murder
"Get rid of him now" he said to Ares as he walked out of the cell and walked past me like I didn't even exist. Matteo walked towards me and held me to take me to my room and I flinched .
We turned around to walk away but something stopped me dead in my tracks
"M...Mani" my name rolled out of the person who was shot
David!