Chapter V

As I gathered myself, I began walking slowly in the direction of the light that I saw coming from some cracks in the wall. I glanced at the tinted windows, only to notice the shiner that now lived on the left side of my face, and a nice sized lump on the side of my head . What the hell?! This thing is not explainable, what will I tell my mom when she sees me. "Oh, hey mom, oh this, it's nothing, I feel off my bike that happen to have fist for handlebars." Seriously, that's not gonna fly well with her. She's going to go ape shit when she sees this. What can I do now? I have to get to the bottom of this, shoot, I've come this far.

I kept making my way toward the light when I started hearing voices. It sounded as if it were about three or four people down there. As I got closer I looked around to make sure that no one could sneak up behind me again. I already had to explain one black eye to my mom. I'm not about to explain anything else. I was closer now, close enough to hear what they were saying, only it wasn't three or four people, there were six people in there including a woman. "Please don't be my mom, I don't think my psyche could handle that right now." Judging by the woman's build, she appeared to be younger than my mom. Her hair was long and flowing, her legs were as long as a Caribbean mocha jambe. She was standing next to my father looking at horizontal paper, probably plans for their next hit. Lou walked up to them, "Hey boss, are you sure that this is what you want us to do?"

The woman looked up and responds, "when we want your opinion on anything we will give it to you, until then, do as you're told." Lou's face was both surprised and pissed all at once. "Okay, okay. No need to be rude about it!" Lou always had to have the last word. "Get out of here now!" Yells the angry long-legged woman. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL AT ME, I HEARD YOU! WAIT UNTIL I HAVE MY OWN CREW" Lou, defensively responds back! "Is that so?" Says the long-legged woman. "I guess will have to make sure that doesn't happen." POW POW, as I watched in awe of this woman pulling out a gun and shooting Lou directly in the chest, I almost wanted to help him so much that I nearly gave away my position. I couldn't believe it, she shot Lou. I mean I didn't like him, but dead was the last thing I wanted for him. "OH MY GOD! LOU!" The voice came from Jake and the other boys. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" My dad replies "Now, now, boys. We told you that back talk and rebellion wasn't accepted and that there would be consequences to your actions.Let alone the threat of starting your own crew, everyone's expendable." "But death, death boss?" Says Jake. One of the boys grabbed Jake, "Stop man, don't ended up like Lou." Jake snatched away from the boy and stormed off with tears in his eyes. I wanted to meet him on the other side of the building and tell him to come with me, but my gut was turning, telling me to stay low, and I follow my gut no matter what.

As Jake and the boys walked away, I moved closer towards the side door for a better view of what was going on. The woman turned to my dad and placed her arms around his waste, "I've been waiting a long time for this honey." "Honey, what?!" My dads been having an affair? So that's why my mom was crying, looking at that picture. It was probably my dad with this skank! Oh my gosh, I can't take much more of this, I thought. My dad has ruined this family and now he's watching young boys get killed without so much as a flinch, and he's not even aware that his little workers have beaten on his daughter. I officially hate him!
"If we are going to do this, it has to be quick and precise or else we will be caught." My dad says to them all, while Lou's body just lies on the concrete lifeless. They all begin to get her their things, I'm in a corner pocket now, able to see everything and hoping that no one gets a glimpse of me sitting in the corner. Jake walks by with the boys, all of them with their heads down and obviously upset. Next the woman is leaving out, but she stops right by the door near the corner where I'm hiding, "honey, are you okay, do you need me to help you with anything?" "I'm fine, go on ahead of me, we only have an hour or so to finish this." As my dad began to walk by, I begin to shake a little because I don't know this man, he's nothing like the father that I grew up with and loved. This man is a monster! He was closing the door and I noticed him look in the direction that I was in. "What's that?" He quietly said to himself. I dipped further into the corner and noticed a toy doll on the ground. I left doll while I moved back to make sure I was out of sight. My dad opened the door, reached down and grabbed the doll, opened the back of it, and threw it down, "I knew I saw some eyes, I guess it was just you." He says to the doll that he was probably checking for a camera of some sorts.