Chapter 4, Pt 4, Getting along 👿❤️‍🔥

(A/N & TW: Hello everyone! I hope you all have a good day! Sorry for the long wait!)
This part contains uneasiness, intrusive thoughts, and lots of plot!)

3rd POV

A few calmer days past for the three of them. Less teachers, and less amnesia. The three of them get along well, wanting TV and playing games, Red usually making the meals and Duck cleaning up while Doi gets ready for bed. Finally on the third day of quietness, Red and Duck decide to clean out Ducks office and put Dois bed inside. Doi hesitates, watching the two of them (mainly Red) carry his bed out of their room and into the smaller office. They take his lamp and nightstand to Dois new room and put them in place.

"I-I will still get to fall asleep with you guys right?" Doi stutters.

"Yes, of course bubs," Red nods.

"Mm. . . I don't see why he should," Duck mumbles.

Doi ignores his, sitting on his bed. Red sets his hand on Ducks shoulder. "Hey, cut him some slack, he doesn't like to be alone. I'm sure you'd be nervous too if you were getting your own room and you had to be alone," Red whispers to Duck.

"Mm. . ." Duck stays quiet, knowing Red was right.

"Are you comfortable, Doi?" Red asks, turning back to him.

"Yeah! Maybe it won't be so bad after all!" Doi smiles.

Duck notices Reds hand is still on his shoulder. His feathers fluff up slightly and he turns his head to the side. "Good, I'll be right back. I'll go get the rest of your things," Red says. He moves his hand off Ducks shoulder and walks down the hall.

Duck continues to stand in the doorway, frowning slightly. Doi looks at Duck and looks down sadly. "Duck. . . Do you hate me?"

"Hate you?" Duck goes quiet thinking to himself. Doi's sadness and anxiety about the situation increases quickly in the quiet. "No, I don't believe so," Duck says finally. Doi looks to the side, away from Duck.

"But. . . You never talk to me. You don't talk to me like you do Harry," Doi whispers.

"Well that's because I love Harry," Duck says matter of factly.

Doi's shoulders fall. "You don't love me?" Doi whispers.

"Well, I uh-- Well not like that! Not like I love Red. I mean. . . Look, Doi, I don't really remember all that much about you. I feel like every time it's just the two of us together, something quiet terrible happens, or we do something we're not supposed to and I have no recollection of the situation the next day. We fight all the time, more than Red and I and we're generally not nice to each other. I mean, I know a few thinks about you, like your favorite color is green and that your allergic to eggs and quite a few other things, but that's because of Red. I wouldn't even notice you is Red wasn't with you all the time."

Doi feels tears fill his eyes. I knew he didn't like me. I'm stupid, stupid, stupid. . . Why did I ever think we could be a family. Doi gets up to run to the bathroom so Duck couldn't watch him cry. Duck steps fully in front of the door before Doi can run off.

Duck sees Doi's tears and quickly tries to resolve them. "No-- wait Doi, I mean. . . How about we talk some more. . . I mean I'm sure we can get along. I- I don't hate you. I just don't know you. How about we spend some more time together and. . . Maybe become better friends?" Duck asks, kinda only saying what he thinks would make Doi feel better.

It wasn't that Duck didn't like Doi, Duck just always felt uneasy around him. Maybe slightly less than he did around his father, Roy, but the feeling was quite still there. When Roy was around, Ducks stomach twisted into knots and he felt sick. It was quite often the same for Doi, just a little less overwhelming. The truth was, Duck had no desire to become closer to Doi. The strange yellow boy made him feel highly uncomfortable, and he often showed his feelings by Biting, yelling, and degrading him. Duck felt the needs to assurt dominance before Yellow did something stupid (though Doi would never unless something influenced him to) Duck knew he wasn't the head of the house, but he refused to let Doi be ahead of him in anyway.

Often when Doi did get tired of the yelling and degrading, he would try to fight back, and the anger that Yellow showed to Duck scared Duck more than when Red was angry at him. He often notices when Doi got angry, his teeth were sharper and his eyes went darker. His stare at Duck, when Doi was angry, always looked like he was Hungry and at any moment he was going to jump on him and rip him apart.

Doi never got into fights with Red, so Duck couldn't observe what it was like when they were fighting, but if Red could only see what Doi looked like when he was yelling and snapping at him, Duck assumed he would not think of Doi as the pure thing he was.

Duck was already unsettled by how close Doi was to him already, and on top of that, Doi was upset, so Duck knew if he didn't say the right thing, he'd tell Red and he'd get in trouble. So thats mostly why he said what he said. He didn't want to be alone with Yellow. He didn't want to know why he felt this way. Duck has always known better than to go against his gut and he wasn't going to start ignoring it now, especially when his gut screamed when Doi was around, but now, it looked like he was gonna be stuck having play dates with The yellow monster for a while.

Doi sniffles, smiling to Duck. "R-really, you wanna get ro know me? You wanna be closer friends?"

"Y-yeah!" Duck lied badly, stuttering.

Doi claped his hands a couple times, swaying back and forth. "Yay!" Doi claps. "Thank you! Thank you so much Duck!"

Red is suddenly behind Duck in the doorway. "Looks like you made Doi happy," Red says, walking past Duck and setting the rest of Doi's things down on his bed. "Maybe yall are starting to get along."

Duck clenches his teeth together and looks away from Doi to Red. Red smiles down at Doi and then looks to Duck. "Yeah. . . Maybe."

1108 words!!
Thanks for reading!!