crushing

Max's P.O.V

"Are you sure it was the Alpha everyone speaks about?" I asked them.

It just seemed impossible to me that the Alpha would leave the territory something the Alpha and the pack hadn't done in years.

Something big was going on.

"We are sure that it was them Max, but why come here and without permission?" Nick asked as he looked around.

"I already took your sister to the guest room, she's asleep now." Lizzy said as she entered the office. "Are you okay Emma?"

Emma looked at her and nodded.

"Yeah, I was just caught off guard with the whole guard thing." Emma murmured.

Lizzy nodded and looked at me.

"Max, what is really going on?" Lizzy asked as she looked at me. "And don't say it's nothing because I won't believe you, first the vampires, then Selene and now this Alpha, what is this?"

I gave a sigh.

"I honestly don't know." I told her.

Lizzy looked at me right in the eyes.

"That's a lie and we both know it." Lizzy told me.

"They're after you." I told her in a quiet voice.

Lizzy looked at me and nodded.

"Why now?" She asked. "Why are they after me now?"

"Lizzy calm down, I won't let anything happen to you." I said trying to calm her down.

Lizzy stared at me; I could see the fear in her eyes.

"They were here before, they searched our kids' bedroom; Max, what if they aren't after me but after them, what if they want Braden and Dawn?" Lizzy asked me.

I shook my head.

"I won't let that happen, I'm going to call Alpha Louis, and I'll be back." I said before I started to walk away.

No one was going to harm my family.

No matter what I had to do I would protect them.

Liz's P.O.V

"Are you okay?" Nick asked me.

I gave a small groan and shook my head, I was dying here and Nick knew that.

"I just hate it Nick, being in danger constantly and having to risk our lives. When will this stop?" I asked him.

Nick looked at me and smiled.

"Soon, I promise that." Nick told me in a soft voice as he hugged me.

I took in a deep breath before I smiled at him.

"So how did it go with Emma, did she say yes?" I asked him in a small voice.

Nick smiled at me.

"I didn't even finish proposing to her when she already had said yes." Nick told me.

I laughed.

"That sounds like Emma, but tell me how did you find her sister?" I asked him curiously.

It had taken years after all.

Nick gave a sigh.

"It wasn't easy and at first I wasn't sure if it was here but either way we took a risk and went for it. And it was a good idea that did so, Emma's sister had an abusive boyfriend, he was beating her up even if she is pregnant." Nick told me.