Highschool Villainy

"And there he goes, our greatest hero!" Shouted the announcer on the TV, "He saves the day again!"

Nico was tired, watching the news while eating breakfast on another boring school day, " Captain blah blah blah saves the day again this! Mrs. someone saves the city that! Blah blah blah. Why can't a villain be cool for once!?"

"Why does every single one of these greatest heroes have these fancy expensive gadgets?" Nico sighed, it's always the rich people who get to be fancy Heroes and he didn't understand it. Corporate greed or something like that was something his father said every single time a new great hero was announced, "Maybe Droid or James could reassure me. Droid is the daughter of a couple of Heroes".

Nico grabbed his bag and made his way to the bus stop still very disgruntled. The bus screeched to stop just as he got to the bus stop. Getting on, he observed all the other students, some messing with their powers, others sleeping against the windows. Let's hope today isn't as bad as yesterday he thought as he sat down He didn't want another training exercise he would have to sit out on.

A couple of stops later another student got onto the bus. It was James his pointy ears twitching and sharp teeth chattering lightly. He was covered in winter clothes in a feeble attempt to stay warm. He blushed embarrassingly as he walked to sit right next to Nico.

"It's quite cold today," He said as he struggled to stop his teeth from chattering, "I don't like it. I might need to bring another jacket to school tomorrow. They never turn on the heating during winter!"

"I can offer ya my spare jacket at school if ya need it." Nico offered, "If it's still there."

"Thanks man" James replied. The bus ride wasn't any more interesting after that. Couple more stops, a couple more students, and straight on to school. Getting off, Nico and James went straight to the library. It was relatively quiet with a ton of information they were willing to absorb. Saying hi to the librarian, the boys went to the back section it was usually quite spacious, and the librarian allowed students to mess with mechanic and Engineering stuff back there. Though Droid, Nico, and James were the only ones to ever used it.

Entering the section, dubbed the workshop by James, Nico and James found Droid scrolling over many books and many blueprints of different machines. Her brown hair was messily put into a ponytail with wacky glasses/goggles on her face as a little machine sat in front of her.

"Whatcha' workin' on Droid?" Nico asked, slightly startling Droid as she looked up at him, "Didn't mean to scare ya, we're here now."

"A gamma generator!" She said with her eyes wide in excitement, "I'm so close I think I nearly got it!"

"You're actually going with that gamma gun idea I came up with?" James questioned, he was sitting next to a heater after he 'shed' a couple of the layers he had on "I thought you said that was stupid... or... something?... I don't know."

"It turns out it was an amazing idea." Droid started fumbling, excitedly through a couple of old, old books, "It turns out the type of a type of gamma-ray can explode stuff. I just need to figure out how I can get that type of ray and I think I'm close. Just need to add a couple of things and... we'll be on the path the villainy here."

_________
Please bear with me on the cover... I can't draw human beings. Nor good animals.