episode sixteen

authors note: so bc im lazy and uncreative this is gonna focus a lot less on cases and more on personal relationships, dont worry there will be some just not a ton. i know some books just start the smut and make a weird ass ending without it but lemme prepare ya, i write mine out so have fun. ps: i listened to you and most people said get right to it, so warning for this chapter! just a little one! anyways happy reading loves!

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫:
 𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣𝔦𝔰𝔥 𝔰𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔰

0:58 ━━❍─────── 3:35

𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐲𝐬 — 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒. That's how long the team had been in Aurora, Colorado. The case had been nothing they hadn't seen before, the murders of teenage boys and another kidnapped from a predominantly white, wealthy neighborhood. It took up until the last four days to even get a profile, and it was quick work from there.

Mykie was the one who had lured the boy out of the manhole he was trapped in, as he was scared of any noise or light. JJ had helped her down, and with almost little to no light, Mykie held the boy close and whispered sweet nothings to him. He was okay, and he was going to be home sooner than he thought. 

It had been just before this trip that Hotch had visited Mykie's house, and they'd had a brief interaction that left her in absolute confusion. Was she seconds away from fucking her boss? Their interactions had been relatively normal since, but they also hadn't had a moment alone since that point. She surely wasn't going to be the first to bring it up, but she also wondered if she didn't, would Hotch?

She had no clue what she wanted at this point. They'd overstepped boundaries already, that line was broken. How far did she want to take this? She knew that she had the upper hand here, despite being younger than him. He was like putty in her hands, whether she knew it or not. Hotchner would not do anything she did not make very clear that she wanted. 

He wasn't necessarily avoiding her.. but he didn't know what to think. She was much younger than him, and the power imbalance was heinous. Let alone the psychology behind her being attracted to him, tapped the devil on his shoulder everytime he thought about it. This devil was also convincing him that he should have jumped her pants right then and there in her living room. He didn't know who to trust, except... his hand. His right one never let him down when he had those thoughts. 

It just wasn't her. It wasn't enough. 

Unbeknownst to them, Mr. Derek Morgan caught onto the cat and mouse game. He had seen the whispers, paid attention to the glances, very straightforward conversations, and the body language. So, he decided to use that to his advantage.