episode three

𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊:
𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖕𝖘

〉AFTER MYKIE HAD MET THE REST OF THE TEAM, AND GAVE A SOLID FAREWELL, THEY SAT IN DISCUSSION

〉AFTER MYKIE HAD MET THE REST OF THE TEAM, AND GAVE A SOLID FAREWELL, THEY SAT IN DISCUSSION. Morgan was the first to speak. "She's like a chipmunk, Hotch. She's not gonna scare anybody even if she had a twelve-gauge." He sat back in his chair, his hands absent-mindedly running over his stubble.

"Once you see how she is in the field, I think you'll change your mind. I think she'll be a great asset, and her appearance of being non-threatening will come to our advantage, in due time." Hotch replied, folding over the manila folder, his eyes scanning.

"She seems sweet, I like her. She's gonna be our new baby of the group, sorry Reid," JJ laughed, and gave Reid a sweet smile. "One of the few things I'm actually thankful for, to be quite honest." Reid muttered, his lip curving upward. 

Prentiss just smiled, knowing that Mykie was going to leave a good impression on them. "Dave? Garcia? Anything?" Hotch questioned, looking for a response.

"She has potential, but I really can't see her staying with us long-term. I feel like she could have been an asset in counter-terrorism. She has background in Saudi Arabia, where most of our commands are, and she can speak Arabic and how many other languages? Why didn't they take her? Not that I'm complaining, the girl seems beyond intelligent and has a lot of potential," Rossi mentioned softly, flipping into his folder that contained Mykie Rivers' entire life, and looked at the information.

"Dave, this is one of the most progressed I've seen for being so young. She understands the psychological processes, along with sociological and is a natural observer. She's eager to learn. And her place on this team isn't for sure. She could end up not thriving here, and in that case she goes back to either sex crimes, or counter-terrorism, as you said."

Rossi's hand laid over his mouth, simply taking in Hotch's word. "Well, I really like her. I feel like her and I will get along great, and frankly, we need more women on the team. Too much testosterone in one room makes me dizzy sometimes," Garcia smiled, and Prentiss and JJ let out a little giggle, and a slight smirk from Morgan.

"Testosterone can't make you—" Reid started to talk, and Hotch cut him off. 

"Reid, I think you need sleep. We all do. Everyone, please be patient with her. She's never profiled before, so think of her as a child taking her first steps. Direct her if she's on the right path. I've got a good feeling about her. But on that note, go home and get some sleep. Be back here tomorrow morning ready for the next case." Hotch said sternly, but also pleadingly. He stood up, and took a deep breath in. 

» THE NEXT MORNING