Chapter 2: Cleaning at The Café

"Holy shit, you lads are actually here!" I exclaim gleefully, as I clasp my hands together. "If I had any parkour abilities, I would have hopped over this counter and given y'all the biggest hug. They both start laughing and shaking their heads. "Let me not do that though"

I safely make my exit from behind the counter on the side. Once I got out I ran straight into Alejandro's arms, since he was the closest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and said, "Te extraño mucho Alejandro"

In response, I felt his strong arms wrap around my waist. "Yo también preciosa"

Ever since we graduated and lost touch, I never thought I would actually see them again. I remember spending so many sleepless nights, where I would reminisce on all of the countless beautiful memories we shared together in the past. And how often my heart would ache in pain, each time I came to terms with the fact that they weren't a part of my life anymore. Yet by some stroke of luck, here my dear best friends from the past stood in front of me. Older, wiser, and full of so many interesting life experiences.

I was so overwhelmed with joy, at the sight of my dear long lost companions I began to cry. Not tears of sadness, but ones of happiness. Something, he could tell because he just held onto me a little tighter. "No llores mi corazón" Alejandro said softly as he held onto me.

"Am I just meant to not get a hug then?" John asked teasingly. After I finished hugging Alejandro I wiped my eyes, as much as I could before I ran straight into the arms of my platonic soulmate from Scotland. "I've always got hugs for my favorite Scotsman" I exclaimed, while I wrapped my arms around his waist. "There's mo lass" He remarked laughing heartily, while he wrapped his muscular arms around my shoulders.

We gave each other one last squeeze, before pulling away from each other.

"So you own this cafe?"Johnny asked.
" That's pretty impressive, proud of you"Alejandro remarked, with a smile.
I do a short bow. "Thank you, it's not easy but I try"
"We should definitely get dinner later, and just catch up" Alejandro remarks, as he runs a hand through his brown hair. "Aye that's a great idea" John said, nodding in agreement.
"But where should we go?"
"There's a Korean BBQ restaurant that opened a couple weeks ago, a couple hours here called the Silver Apricot, it's genuinely so delicious" I state excitedly. "They got lots of meat options, tons of side dishes, different kinds of soup to try and more"
I need to calm down. I take a deep breath to ground myself a little bit. "Would yall like to try it out?"
They pause for a moment, to mull over my words and carefully consider their options.
"I'd love to try it" Alejandro says, while smiling.
"Same here, never been one to turn down a good meal" John remarked in agreement. "When do you get off work lass?"
"I get off work at 3, I'll have to start shutting things down which might take a while" I say while I return to my place behind the counter. "Alejandro and I can stay here, and help you close up shop" John remarked. Briefly, I glance at Alejandro and see him nodding.
"And then, we can pick you up at 8pm later, if you would like"Alejandro added.
Wow, they really stepped up, I thought whilst looking on towards the two confident, handsome strapping men stood before me.
"Why not? Let's do it"I reply, with a shrug. "Let me actually get back to work, do you all want to get anything?" I ask.
"It's on the house"
-

"Thanks for stopping by, have a good one!" I state while waving at the last customers exiting the building. As soon as they left, I put my hands on the counter and sighed. "Long day at work then?" John inquired teasingly. "Ugh you have no idea McTavish"I replied with a groan. "I had to wake up super early today just so I can open on time"

Wild how I do this four days a week, but I do enjoy having money in my account.
I was so lost in my own thoughts, that I was oblivious to hear the sounds of Alejandro and John walking behind the counter, to stand next to me.

"We're here for you, darling with whatever you need,"John remarked, causing me to snap back to reality.

I look straight up into the deep evergreen eyes of the tall, and incredibly well built Scotsman who's towering over me. "Promise?"

Alejandro stepped in slightly closer to me and said, "Absolutely, "

I tapped my finger a couple times, before finally clapping my hands together, with the same vigor of a high class master chef. "What we are going to do, is help me sweep the store, mopping, throwing away any trash, cleaning the tables, putting chairs away, doing the dishes, things like that."

"I'll show you all, where the cleaning supplies are in just a moment, and then we can all get started, sound good?"

"Yes ma'am" They said in unison, while saluting me and I couldn't help, but burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Last but not least, this part is paramount for me to close the store effectively..."I say trailing off."Can I get one more hug please?"I ask. "Of course, you can come here"

Without missing a beat, I start to feel their strong arms around my shoulders, and in turn I wrap my arms around their waists; as a means to pull them in closer. Though it was absolutely unnecessary, to have Alejandro and Johnny hugging me, I still asked them for an extra hug. And I will continue to do so. I have not seen these men in years, and the fact that we were able to reunite like this was so special. When I feel the sheer strength of their arms, being wrapped so tightly yet gentle around my body it feels as if I am home.

"Alright let's get to work" I remark, as we pull away from each other. "First things first, allow me to direct you all to the wonderful place that's known as the supply closet"
-

Thanks to the support of my long lost companions, we were able to get the work done pretty quickly.

"Acabamos de limpiar toda verdad?" Alejandro asked. "Algo mas nena?"

I shake my head while replying, "No hay Nada. La única cosa tengo que hacer, es traer mi bolsa"

Once, my bag is slung over my shoulder, I check to make sure that I actually locked up the register. Good, it's locked.

"Thank you so much guys for this, I really appreciate it" I remarked earnestly. "You're welcome, Aimee," Alejandro said, with a soft smile. "We've got you lass" Johnny added, whilst giving me a side hug. "Before we head out, let's exchange contact information" I state, while taking out my phone.

"Great idea, that way we can all communicate with each other effectively"

Then, we swiftly exchange numbers, and proceeded to put our phones back into our pockets. Afterwards, I promptly walked towards the front door and opened it. On their way out, I followed behind them, shutting it behind me; and making sure it was locked up.

"Well I will see you all later tonight at 8!"I exclaimed excitedly. "Sounds like a plan to me" John replied, with a wink.

We all give each other one last hug in the parking lot, before hopping in the car and driving off into the distance. While I'm on the road towards my home, I think to myself, Aimee? This is going to be a great night. I can just feel it...
-