The book

Aemma grabbed the huge book that was now laying in the grass. She opened the book and began to look through the pages of words and paintings. But the young girl stopped when she come to an end on a side that was missing a page. She furrowed her brown brows and shut the book. The time was getting late and she should not be out in the gardens all alone. So with the big book in hand Aemma stood up and hurried inside the castle. 

Aemma was walking in the empty corridors of the red keep, and her steps were echoing through the corridors. Something in her mind did wonder why there were no guards or maids around but as she knew, the time was late and they had their own things to do. Like helping her to bed. The brown-haired girl was hurrying as much as she could but that just got her even more late. Because when she rounded a corner her shoe got stuck in a piece of fabric from her dress, making Aemma fall and drop the book right in front of her on the hard floor. As Aemma looked up at the book she could see a silhouette standing just above her. And she quickly realized who it was. Aemond. 

The younger prince put one foot on top of the closed book in an attempt to avoid Aemma getting it back. But the girl was not going to let her younger uncle win, she needed to give back the book to the person she borrowed it from, her mother. 

" Look at you. " Aemond said looking down at Aemma that slowly got up on her feet again. " Not only are you spending time with my sister, but you are also the same ungraceful, as her. " 

" Please, may I have my book back? " Aemma asked as politely as she could, trying her best to not provoke Aemond. She had to go back and getting involved in a fight with the prince was not going to get her back to her chamber faster. But Aemond did not think the same, he had been fed by stories and words from his brother Aegon and his mother the queen, about Aemma and her brother's which made the boy now look at her with hate in his eyes. 

" Why should I give it back? " The white-haired boy asked with an evil smile on his face. Aemma made a step forward making Aemond grab the book from the floor. 

" I have to give it back, and besides we both should be in bed. " The girl tried but Aemond was not convinced. 

" Do you know what type of book this is? " The boy continued, this time asking a question Aemma knew the answer to. 

"It's a history book. " Aemma said knowing well that her answer was right. But Aemond shook his head. 

" This," He said while touching the book. " is a history book written for members of the royal family. " 

" So give it back. " 

" You are not royal. You don't have any right to have this book in your bastard hands. " It was getting darker and darker outside making the corridor the children were standing in almost all covered in a dark shadow. Aemma did not know how to get the book back anymore. She asked politely but her young uncle did not want to give it back anyway. And the worst, he called her a bastard. 

" Grandfather once told me that he had two white horses, and they got a brown foal. " Aemma began but Aemond just started to laugh at her. 

" You are not really listening to that old piece of a corpse? " 

" You are speaking about your father, my grandfather, and our king! " The girl burst out furious about the spoken words. She had enough. Aegon was pure evil but Aemond, he was Aemond. He was mean but not like his older brother, so why was he doing this? " What have Aegon told you? " Aemma finally asked stepping forward. 

" The truth. " The girl shook her head, she had to leave the book in Amenods hands, there was no other way. And somehow both of them knew it. 

" You are not bad Aemond. I don't understand why you try to be it. " Aemma said while running away from the boy. She had to get back and running away was the only way to get away from Aemond as quickly as possible without him catching her.