The Iron Throne

~

Aemma ran inside her chamber as quickly as she could realizing that she could hear her heartbeat in her ears. She sighed in relief that the only ones in the room were Jace and Luke, her brothers. Jace looked up from the book he was holding. 

" Where have you been? " He asked looking Aemma up and down. 

"Nowhere. " She lied and stepped further into the room. 

" You are lying! " Jace accused her after a moment. 

" I am not! " The girl kept digging herself a hole of lies. But she was not going to tell her brothers that she was once again followed by their uncle Aemond, who once again tried to humiliate her. But it was way better to be chased down the corridors by Aemond than his older brother Aegon.

Aemma was quick to climb into bed and make sure to cover herself with the thin duvet right before two young maids walked in through the door and began to make sure the children of Rhaenyra Targaryen were ready for sleep. Jace put away his book and lay on his left side, to have a better view of his sister.  But he was not saying anything, not until the young girls were done with whatever they had to do and left the children in complete darkness. 

" Where were you? " Jace whispered. 

" I already told you. " Aemma answered a bit irritated by the fact that her twin brother had always been so nosey. 

" I am trying to sleep! " Luke shouted out from the other side of the room making Aemma hush a laugh that made its way from her mouth at the angry tone Luke made as he spoke. 

" Please tell me. " Jace whispered and Aemma rolled her eyes, although she knew her brother would not see it. 

" I was kissing boys. " She lied with a small evil smile on her face. To make her brother stop asking her questions she didn't like to answer. 

"Disgusting. " Jace said and rolled over to his right side, facing away from Aemma. The girls sighted. She really wanted to tell Jace everything, about the words Aemond said about her, but she knew that if she does it, it will all be worse. And she didn't want her brothers to get into a fight with Aegon and Aemond just because their sister couldn't protect herself. 

The morning came quickly making Aemma jump up from her bed and hurry over to her small wooden casket where all of her clothes were. She quickly picked out a red dress and changed as quickly as she could, before her brother woke up. 

Luke was the first one to open his eyes, he looked for a few seconds at his older sister before he closed them again and fell back on his bed. Aemma shook her head and walked out of the chamber. She had always been an early bird, she liked to wake up just before her family, which made her the possibility to walk around the empty and silent castle before the day was supposed to come to life. 

Aemma hurried over the corridors and the stairs until she walked down to the throne room. She sneaked through the huge wooden door to reveal the shining throne, with thousands of swords melted together. The little girl gasped and walked forward. She knew that she had no right to touch it, or even sit on it. But she could at least look at it, and imagine her mother on it. 

" Aemma! " A loud and happy voice echoed through the hall making her snap her head to the left. Her grandfather was slowly walking towards her with a big smile on his face that made his wrinkles make everyone know how old he actually was. He was not young anymore, that thing was clear. 

" Grandfather! " Aemma run-up to the man that did not have much white hair left on his head. Viserys hugged his only granddaughter tightly before he let her go and look down at her. 

" Come. " He nodded towards the Iron Throne while he slowly began his journey up the silver stairs. Aemma watched him closely, as he took a good seat and looked down at her from where he sat, he looked like a true king, and no one was going to prove her otherwise. 

" Is it comfortable? " She asked curiously. 

" Come here, and you will see for yourself! " Aemma took an unsure step forwards but hesitated instantly. 

" I can't do it. No one else can sit on the Iron Throne, just the king. " She said knowing the rules well. Viserys nodded. 

" The Iron Throne and I are long friends my dear Aemma. And I know it won't hurt you. I promise you that. " 

" Promise? " She asked once again and her grandfather nodded. She nodded back and hurried up the stairs to later sit on his grandfather's knees. She felt like a true queen for a short moment. 

" See, you can see every corner of the room from here. " Viserys said from behind her back and she nodded. 

" Do you like being King? " She asked and twisted to look at her grandfather's face. He thought for a moment before he decided to answer her question. 

" This is my duty, I didn't choose to be king, my dear. But I promised myself that I will be the best King I can to make my Kingdom happy. " Aemma nodded. One more question wanted to come out of her mouth. 

" Am I a bastard? " She asked her grandfather because she knew that she could ask him about anything. Viserys made away a long sound of sighting before he began to speak again. 

" Targaryen blood is running through your veins. And no one can prove it wrong. Thouch the steal. " Viserys said and Aemma did as her grandfather said. She touched the cold Iron with her little finger, and when she took it away she gently tilted her finger to look at it. It was completely fine. " See "