Chapter 4

I waited for him for like two hours, until I finally heard my doorbell ringing. I opened it, expecting to see his familiar face, but it wasn't he. It was a police man. I looked up at him confused.

"May I help you, sir?" I asked, gently but still not knowing what he was doing there.

"Are you Ms. Maria Tyler?" he asked.

"That's me. Is there something wrong?" I asked, a little worried now.

"I understand that you are friends with Mr. Calum Hood, are you?" he asked, without giving me any answers.

"Yes, yes I am. Why? Is he okay?" I asked, freaking out a little. Did something happen to him?

"Well, he is okay, but... I think you should talk to him" he said, stepping aside. I saw Calum walking towards me, followed by another police man. He was handcuffed. And had blood in his face. And hands.

"Calum? What... Why are you handcuffed?" I asked. He just looked down.

"I'm sorry, Maria, I, I" he started, but the first police man interrupted him.

"Ms. Tyler, he was found in Dylan Jensens place, in which Mr. Jensens was lying on the floor, near to death. Thanks to Mr. Hood" he said. I looked up at Calum, in disbelief.

"Maria, I, I'm sorry. I didn't try to kill him. I just was, I was so furious because of what he did to you, so I went to his house, and I punched him. But as soon as I noticed that I was giving him too strongly, I called the police. Well, I tried, because they came the second I started dialing the number" he explained. I couldn't believe it.

"The neighbors called us because of the screams. Ms. Tyler, are you coming to the police station with us?" he asked. I looked at Calum. Those eyes, the ones I always found so sweet, now seemed shattered. Those arms, the ones I always found so safe, now seemed dangerous.

"No. No, leave. Take him with you. Take him away" I mumbled. His eyes shattered even more, as the tears filled them. The police man started dragging him to the car.

"Maria, please don't. You know me, I would never hurt you" he said. I shook my head.

"No, I don't. I thought I did, but I was wrong. You're dangerous, Calum" I said, as cold as I could, but my voice cracked. He started crying for real, as they pushed him into the car.

"Maria! Please!" he yelled, as the car started, breaking my heart in millions of pieces. Calum, my Calum, almost killed someone. My Calum.