Chapter 1: The World Below Theirs

Ashter sits beside his best friend in this world. A small grey slug with a heap of pointed spikes on her head. Also on her head is one small silver spike. She has flying membranes under her arms, giving her the power of flying in protoform.

It was Ashter's only friend, really, after his mother died while fighting against an unspeakable evil she always wrote.

She was a famous slinger... Or so Ashter didn't think, as she always was outdoors as if it was a job, bringing food and money for them to last in this underground world.

It wasn't until he was 15, that his slug, a female slug, has shown him the fruits of his mother's adventures.

Her name was Evelyn Shane. But she allowed Ashter to keep his father's name after he died after he was born.

Now... Unsure of his own destiny, his slug whom he named "Skyra" shows him a blaster.

His mother's first blaster.

It was grey and black, almost like a jet plane design with a cloud-like design. Ashter has dark brown hair and silver eyes with light brown skin. He wears a black shirt with a blue jacket with black trim and black pants. He wears brown work boots with a necklace around his neck with a large circle with an "S" in the middle.

"Skyra... Are you sure... Things were supposed to go this way?" He asked his slug, she shakes her head, a present to Evelyn's son, Skyra was owned by Evelyn.

"Sigh... Well... Guess that means we'll leave this place behind, huh?" Ashter wondered, as around his waist is a belt where five small capsules are placed, a carrier for the slugs Ashter will own in the future.

But always on his shoulder his signature slug, Skyra, will always sit.

"Alright... Let's go find ourselves our own path!" Ashter says, setting off to find his own way.

...

...

...

It was a tournament not too long from here, as Ashter wondered,

"Would we need more slugs with you around?" Ashter rubs Skyra's chin, as she seemed to enjoy it, closing her eyes and smiling in delight as the boy started his long walk to this tournament area.

But while walking, the boy's eyes turned to see four people. Two riding Mecha Beasts and two others, one being tossed by a larger man.

But another boy seemed to defend the scared man.

"And I'm a kid who's holding a blaster. You're willing to try me?" He wondered, as suddenly with a tackle the blue-haired boy is knocked down, their slug and blaster falling out of their hand as the thief loads their own, aiming it at the kid.

"... Skyra?" Ashter looked to the side, as the slug smirked, falling into a shell as the boy loads it into their own blaster,

"Let's see what you can do!" Ashter says, firing the slug as it goes to 100mph (Miles per hour). It reaches the speed before transforming into its powerful form. Its form turns into a bird-like creature with long slim silver wings with the same design as its normal form, the protoform, the base form for slugs.

Its wing flap as Skyra turns and tunnels past the enemy, their foot being knocked back, he fires his slug into the air, making it fire far away.

"What the!?!" He growls, falling to the ground in pain,

"You know..." Suddenly says a female voice, shockingly beside him, a red-haired girl.

"This road is filled with guys like that. You should be more careful." She says as the two were surprised before she rushes off on her Mecha Beast.