prologue

The year was 1944 when Jasmine Pierce was born. She had Beautiful brown eyes, brown skin, raven hair, and a red birthmark on her right hand. Her mother Nala Pierce and her father Nolan Pierce were both scientists that worked with genetics.

When Jasmine was 5 she had gotten into an accident with her parents. When they were coming back from an ice cream shop downtown from where they lived a truck had come out of nowhere, and Nolan sadly took his eyes off the road to look at his daughter. The truck had smacked them making them hit the other side of the road but, if it wasn't for Jasmine they would all be dead.

Thankfully they got out with a couple of injuries that would heal with time. Over time Nolan and Nala wondered how they had survived the crash. They had some thoughts about it but none of them would check out.

One day they saw on the news that there were kids that had abilities or as the news called them " Mutants". They looked at the room their daughter was in. When they went into the room they saw things floating all around the room with a purple mist.

That day they had gotten their daughter to the hospital that was closest to their home. When the doctor confirmed that she was a " Mutant.". The doctor told them not to worry but that there was no cure. Jasmine and her family learned to live with her Mutation or as they referred to it as magic.

When Jasmine was 13 she was babysitting her mom's friend's son and she went to the kitchen because the kid (Danny was his name) wanted a snack and when she came back Danny was on that floor shaking violently. She had called the police and she was terrified. When they got there she was sobbing next to Danny who passed out after a while.

The police called her mom and Danny's mother. She had forgotten to tell Jasmine that her son was prone to having seizures. She apologized for scaring the young girl and held her until her parents arrived.

Now 17 she has a good-paying job with her parents' company ' Peirce Genetic' or as she calls it 'PG".

Start date 11/19/22 383 words.