Chapter 59

*Ashley's POV*

There was a knock on the front door. Ronaldo and I were sitting down having breakfast and I could see a look of confusion on his face.

He wasn't expecting anyone then...
Neither was I.

"It's probably your mother" I said to him but before the last word left my mouth I heard a man behind the door.

"Mr. Billings this is Jamaica Constabulary Force. Open up"

"What the fuck?!" I exclaimed.

What was the police doing here?

"Hey, calm down" he said getting up to come to where I was seated opposite him at the dining table.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Mr. Billings we are coming in"

The front door blew open and the fork I was holding onto that minutes ago was feeding me my steamed cabbage fell to the ground.

"Mr. Bayka your under arrest for the murder of Anthony Hill" a officer said spinning Ronaldo around to cuff him.

"Yuh have the right to remain silent" he added.

My eyes filled with tears as I stood watching them carry him out.

He didn't even look at me and for some reason I wasn't shocked. Sad, upset even but not surprised.

Just then I felt an alarming pain and I knew.

The baby was coming...

My eyes opened and I realized it was all a dream. I could hear Ronaldo's light snoring beside me and I turned to face him.

His twists fell into his face and I carefully removed them hoping not to wake him. It has been a while since I've had a dream.

It is true what they say about your dreams being a product of your thoughts. For the entire day yesterday I kept going back to the thought of what this man really does or is into.

'Just ask' my subconscious butts in.

That would be stupid. Him nah guh tell mi nothing.

How would I even react to it?
Was I even ready for the truth?

I reached over to the night stand for my phone.

4 AM

No new notifications...

*Bayka's POV*

Today was the day we'll be leaving for Portland. Ashley was in the room packing and so I decided to go make us
something for breakfast.

I decided to go with eggs since mi cyaan two prepare nothing much outside a dat.

Jahvi would be over in a minute with some papers I needed to sign for business before I head out.

"Ronaldo I can't find my charger. Yuh see it?" I heard Ashley from upstairs.

"It deh yasuh" I responded realized the charger was plugged in.