Chapter 62

*Ashley's POV*

Tayna dropped me off at home from work.

I had decided to go back in till it was time for Mat leave. Since Ronaldo was on his own, I could.

I saw that mom's car was parked here and as soon as I got out of Tayna's, she got out of hers.

I saw her carrying a bag and I already knew food was in it. I did a little happy dance in my head.

She had told me she was baking and making a pasta dish and I told her to bring mine over.

"Mommy!" I hugged her.

"Ashley let me go" she said but I could see her smiling.

We walked up to my apartment and I opened the door for us. She put the food down and I went to my bedroom to change into something comfy.

I came back out to find her going through my fridge.

"You need to go grocery shopping" she said to me.

"I will tomorrow" I said passing her to go see what's in the bag she brought.

She came back to the counter with a box of orange juice and poured two glasses.

I plated some pasta for myself and started to eat.

"Have you spoken to him?" She asked me.

"Spoken to him?" I asked her.

"Yes nuh dat mi seh?" She replied and I swallowed the food I had in my mouth.

"No"

"He called me a few days ago to check up on you. He wants to know that you two are okay" she said and I continued eating.

Oh please...

"So what you plan fi do?" Mom asked and I shrugged.

I had no plans to moved back into his place and continue a relationship.

Thank God mi neva give up mi apartment. And to think that I was this close to doing so.

"Ashley people do stupid things. Doesn't mean you should forgive them all the time but he genuinely loves and cares for you." She said.

"Mommy-"

"And mi know yuh love him to. I can tell" she said.

"You don't have to forgive him now but think about it. No relationship is perfect" she added.

I nodded.

"Okay" I said but honestly I just wanted her to stop talking.

*Bayka's POV*

I was back from my check up at the hospital. Jahvi was to come pick me up in a few.

We were going over to the club to sign up some papers. I was fine now and according to the doctors, my recovery was speedy.

I was slowly getting back to work.

I had 2 songs trending and I had an interview tomorrow. I was also booked for the entire month of December. Things were looking good.

I was planning on investing in another business in Ochi. I was making enough profits to pull in another business. Jahvi had brought it to my attention.

His car pulled up to the house and my phone beeped notifying me that someone was at the gate.

I opened it letting him in and went out to meet him.

...

We were finished with everything and we decided to have some drinks. I could drink a one or two now since I was off most of the medications.