Chapter-18

Ace walked down the few stairs outside the mansion entrance door with Angelo and his men behind him, all on black suit. They all head towards the cars. One of his men open the backseat door for him and he entered. All his men including Ignacio entered the other cars as they prepare to drive off.

Eve stood closer to the windows of the office watching her brother and his men drive away to go after some bastard that is about to take Sanchez property. They drive out of the compound, she stood there watching them till the last car left the compound.

Sighing, she began pacing the room with a lot of thoughts on her mind. Should she go after them or not?

She asked herself.

"He said it's your day off" her inner thouy reminded her.

She can't go and hang out with her friend when she knows that her brother is out there fighting their arch enemy.

No she can't.

She isn't accepting the day off.

"I am sorry brother. But I will have to disobey your orders." She said to no one as she rushed out of the office. Straight to her room. She searched her wardrobe for her gun.

She plans to fight with and protect her brother.

Satisfied with her dressing, she head out of the mansion. She is about to head for the remaining car in the compound when a black Lamborghini entered the mansion.

The person driving winded down his glass and Miguel came into view.

Miguel, her third uncle. The quiet reserved one.

"And where is she going to?" He asked removing his black shades.

"Going after my brother. He needs me" Eve said courageously.

Miguel scoffed. "Yeah right. Ace sent me here." He said coming out of his car and leaning on it, folding his arms.

"He asked me to keep and eye on you since he is out to fight a war with this mafia's arch enemy"

Eve sighed.

"Those punks could come here and harm you, you know?"

"No one can harm me. I can fight for myself" Eve defended.

"Of course. " Miguel said amusedly. "But you are not going anywhere."

Eve clenched her jaw.

"And he told me you plan on going out with that best friend of yours"

"What the...." Eve paused "Yes yes. Actually that's where I was going to" she said faking a smile.

Miguel smiled too. "Yeah. He said your friend is coming here like she always do before you both go out"

Eve clenched her knuckles in anger and frustration. "Argh uncle please I need to go and help Ace"

"He has a hundred men there to help him. What makes you think your help will do better?"

Eve scoffed. "Listen uncle. I am the second in command of this Mafia. He needs my help more than anything. So I order you to let me go this instant!"

Miguel snorted. "I was your uncle before you were made the second in command kiddo"

Eve let down her shoulders down in defeat. "uncle Miguel!" She whined.

He might be the quiet one among others but he is super stubborn and different from his two brothers. She likes him for being different but now she is beginning to hate him for frustrating her like this.