✨ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕚𝕟𝕘 - 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕥𝕤 ✨

That ring meant everything to her. It's charm, the gemstone that held centre focus, and of course, its backstory.
But it clearly didn't have the same meaning to him.
Within twelve hours, it was gone. He tried to convince her, tell her it meant the world for him, and tried to blow it off as a 'freak' mistake. And despite every single bone in her body telling her to be upset, to be unforgiving - she could never hurt him. She couldn't bear to see him in pain.

That clearly didn't last forever. As now she wandered the streets alone, not giving a second thought to the time of night. He was gone, along with her precious jewellery, and a piece of her heart.
She told herself that this was for the best, and to not care about where he was or how he was doing. She needed to look out for herself. But the pain in her heart was too much, despite three years passing.
She debated picking up the phone, to beg for forgiveness and admit how much she loved and appreciated him. However, she never allowed herself to lose an argument, no matter how much it hurt her to keep it going. So her phone remained silent, on aeroplane mode for good measure.

Clearly distracted by everything whirling around in her brain, she didn't notice the tall man slowly approaching her. They crossed paths, he pushed her a little, and she stumbled onto a luckily empty street.
She snapped her head up, preparing for the usual 'Watch where you're going' or 'An excuse me would've been nice'. But instead, her words got caught in the grasp of her throat.

It was him.
The man that broke her heart all those years ago.
He looked like the shell of what he once was; dark hair replacing the once beautiful blonde locks, his once bright and jovial green eyes had faded to those of murky and tired green, and tiny scars ran across his face. He looked like he'd been through a lot.
Then, she clocked his clothing. A long black trench-coat, dark cargo pants and tall, military-style boots. His shirt is what hurt her the most; a huge black spider in the centre of his chest.
It all hit her suddenly that he had changed everything that she loved about him to spite her. And spiders were her biggest phobia. They hung from his ears too in the form of spindly earrings. The smirk on his face also told her what she finally needed to know.
They served her as a reminder that he was fully over her, and she couldn't let go of the past.