Chapter Eighteen: Did you expect that?(Hunter Guild Arc)

The sun struggled to climb above the hill

The sun struggled to climb above the hill. The higher it climbed the more orange spilled across the grass. The blue climbed over the sun's glow to push the purple away. The symphony of birds signalled the momentous accession of the clear sky. The cool breeze scattered over the hills running from the giant orb in the far distance.

Jack yawned and rubbed the sleep out of his eye, Luna and Tana followed suit. The rest of the crew was ready. William sat with paper and piece of lead, Ophelia stretched her limbs and the corners of her mouth into a large smile, and Stella was still. Her breathing was calm, and her eyes were unwavering. Ace and Tenny looked ahead with soft eyes and a relaxed expressions across their faces. All focused on the monster wolf peacefully sleeping in the open field. The eyelids of the creature slowly peeled back to a narrowing pupil being pushed in by the bright yellow iris. Its head raised up as its ears pointed back and it stretched its jaw all it could in a deep yawn. After standing up the wolf extended every muscle before shaking its fur.

"I have a bad feeling that yawn was our best chance to get him to eat this." Jack swung the straw dummy by its feet.

"Darke. I have named him Darke," Ace calmly said without removing his eyes from the creature.

"That is terrible. Dark the dark wolf? I think you can do better than that," Jack objected.

"No, I spelled the dark with an e. It is Darke the dark wolf."

"How was I supposed to know that."

"You know now."

"I like it. I have seen you bond with Darke while playing with him. I think you deserve to give it a name," Lyon chimed in.

"He played with it?" Tana exclaimed.

"You are fun, Moustache. Spar with me!" Ophelia grinned.

"We should save Darke first," Ace replied.

Jack tightened the shield's strap. He dusted off the dulled metal. He looked at the scuffs and scraps. It is about to get some more. Stella and Luna didn't have shields, and Ophelia grabbed a larger shield and hooked it on her back. Lyon made sure his shoulder guard was snug and tugged on the rope wrapped across his body.

"Okay, the plan is simple. Confuse it with the quick attacks and toss the dummy when it is on guard. It should attack and devour the herb. Stella, Ophelia, you handle defence. You approach first. Jack, Lyon, attack and move. Luna, toss the dummy at the signal. Stay with Ophelia until then. Tenny is around to create dark shields in case. Questions?" Ace's words were clear. Stern. It brought an air of seriousness they needed to start this mission with.

"I am stronger than the wolf, but it is hard to keep track of everyone at the same time. Try and stay out of its range as much as possible and if only one at a time at close range will be great," Tenny spoke like a general. Stern and condescending, but the fluffy small stature mounted on the head of the moustache made the makeshift hunters chuckle.