Chapter Forty Three: How does a flower grow?(Null Tournament Arc)

The room was more crowded than the doctor liked, but she decided to make use of all the hands she could

The room was more crowded than the doctor liked, but she decided to make use of all the hands she could. Rubs and bandages passed between them and remained in proximity for when she needed. Ace offered to give blood, but she said that he didn't need it. It looked worse than it was, and his mana had already started to help him recover. His body was strong, something close to military captains, so in no time the chaos died down. The doctor found a place by a window and lit a cigarette. A moustache and caretaker took to providing company. The few surrounding their resting friend and others taking in the view of the 7 other beds housing fallen fighters.

"You must see the most injuries in the entire empire." Ace blew smoke at Ophelia before she elbowed him.

Her unkempt blue hair and thick glasses falling from her face gave the impressions that she didn't like questions, however the moustache on the interrogator's face showed that he had little care for anything. "Ai ai, I have seen my fair share of bumps and bruises, but I haven't seen something like that in my time. Who are yer guys? Why is there someun' willing to fight like that in times of peace? Y'all not troublemakers are yer?"

"Troublemakers...nah." Ace smiled.

"Excuse...how is he?" Iris only entered the room with his head. His eyes hesitant on if his body should follow.

"Iris, come in. He is strong so doc here said he will be fine by tomorrow with rest," Ace called.

"Oi, keep it down, there are others restin." This time Ace received an elbow from the doctor.

His large body had its own visible bruises when he got closer to group. "You didn't have to tell me that he was strong. I am glad he is doing okay."

"You are lucky it wasn't me." Stella slapped him on his back, but her eyes were busy scanning the room. "Doctor Tae, where is Roland?"

"That guy made a fuss and walked out...dragged out...either way he left, and he wasn't ready to lea—"

"What is he doing here!" King's voice snatched the room. "Ace! He hurt Jack! What is he doing here! Get out!"

"Stop it Ren!" Stella barked.

"Everyone wait—" Ace started.

"Ace? Jack?" Iris mumbled.

"Oi! Mustache, get your people under control! There are others resting in here. Iris, if this is going to be a problem then I am going to have to ask yer to leave." The doctor flicked her smoke out the window.

"No, no. Guys stop. Ren, what is going on?" Ace walked over to him.

"That guy beat Jack to this state. Jack is my friend. I don't want to be around someone who hurts my friend." King moved closer to Tana as they both hovered the side of Jack's bed.

"Tyr, I can just—" Iris started.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong." Ace took a sigh, just realising the cigarette was still in his hand. "Ren, it was a match. They both fought their hearts out. I understand your feelings, but it is disrespectful to what Ed just did."