Friendship Games Part 5

Grumpy is walking around Jollywood and he's surprised that everybody knows who he is.

Citizen #1: Hey, Grumpy!

Citizen #2: Hi, Grumpy.

Citizen #3: Hi, Grumpster.

Citizen #4: Hey, you. Lookin' good.

Grumpy: Um, hi.

Citizen #5: Hey, what's happenin'?

Citizen #6: Really nice to see you.

Citizen #7: Grumpy, how ya doin'?

Grumpy: Who are you, Joey from Friends?

Citizen: Grumpy, yo! (clicks tongue)

Grumpy: Hi. Hello.
Grumpy accidentally bumps into Selena. His glasses fall to the floor (but they somehow don't break).

Selena: Grumpy? I almost didn't recognize you without your flowerpot hat. When did you start wearin' glasses?

Grumpy: Um, like, since forever.
Selena picks up Grumpy's glasses.

Selena: Oh, so how long are you here for?

Grumpy: Just for the Friendship Games.
Selena slowly puts Grumpy's glasses back on him.

Selena: Right. Of course. We'll totally win with you here.
Grumpy's device begins beeping.

Grumpy: Uh, I gotta go.

Selena: Uh, okay. Bye? Aw.
At the cottage, my precious dwarfskies are trying on the outfits Sneezy picked out.

Sleepy: Uh, Sneeze-man, these outfits are great, but why would you put so much time and effort into clothes we might not even wear? You're gonna exhaust yourself before the games even start.

Sneezy: Oh, pff. Kch. Fff. Ts! Don't be silly, darling! Putting effort into clothes is what I live for, and spending time on my friends fills me with energy!
Sneezy begins to pony up.

All but Sneezy: (amazed reactions)

Doc: And magic, too, I guess.
Grumpy walks to the cottage with his device still beeping, causing Sneezy's magic to fade away.

Sneezy: (out of breath) Actually, Sleepy, now that you mention it, I suppose I could use a tiny break.
Sneezy faints and Sleepy catches him (Fever Dream moment 🧡💙).

Sleepy: I told you.
Grumpy knocks on the door.

Doc: Come in.
Grumpy opens the door and the others are surprised to see him.

The 6D: Grumpy?

Grumpy: Um, hi?
They all go up to Grumpy and hug him, making him confused.

Sleepy: Well, I'll be. You shoulda told us you were comin'.

Sneezy: Darling, those glasses. What are you wearing? It's so... severe.

Grumpy: That's just my teaching outfit.

Dopey: Teaching outfit for what?

Grumpy: For... the school in Moodyville. But why does everyone in this kingdom know who I am?

Bashful: Did you just say "Moodyville?"
Sir Yipsalot pops out of Grumpy's backpack.

Sir Yipsalot: (barks)

The 6D: Sir Yipsalot!

Grumpy: (gasps) You know my dog's name, too?

Happy: But he's Queen Delightful's dog.

Grumpy: Who's Queen Delightful?
The 6D all give one another confused looks.

Queen Delightful: And our music festival especially taken off. (gasps) Grumpy?

Grumpy: This is getting ridiculous!

Principal Hildy: I must apologize for the curiosity of my favorite teacher.

Queen Delightful: Grumpy's a teacher now?

Lord Starchbottom: Well, he actually does have a soft spot on kids.

Principal Hildy: The smart ones are always curious. I'll return him to check in with his students.

Queen Delightful: I didn't know Grumpy had a twin brother.

Happy: He doesn't! That Grumpy is obviously a clone from the other kingdom since it couldn't possibly be the Grumpy from this kingdom since Grumpy from this kingdom doesn't smile that much or wear glasses.

Lord Starchbottom: Well, that's surprising. Anyways... (walks away)

Grumpy: I'm sorry, Principal Hildy. I was just following these strange readings. Actually, they led me to those guys and-

Principal Hildy: Grumpy, what you do in your free time is of little interest to me, but while you're here, I... all of Moodyville, in fact, require your complete focus.

Grumpy: But why does everyone in this kingdom seem to know me?

Principal Hildy: Perhaps they're trying to confuse you. Perhaps they're trying to lure you away.

Grumpy: It didn't feel like anyone was trying to lure me.

Principal Hildy: I don't know what they're planning, but I guarantee that it isn't to help us win.

Sneezy: I can't believe that other Grumpy teaches at Moodyville University!

Bashful: You're saying that Grumpy's gonna play against us? He'd never do that!

Dopey: Our Grumpy wouldn't.

Doc: (angrily) Our Grumpy is right out at the other side of Jollywood working at a damn cheese factory! We're both experts on friendship magic! And if he was here, we'd have already figured out why magic is randomly popping up during pep rallies and costume changes. (deep breath) Sorry. I'm just frustrated that I haven't heard back from him.

Sleepy: He's working at a cheese factory. Probably got problems of his own to deal with.

Sneezy: We certainly can't expect him to drop everything and pop through the portal whenever. Especially if it's to deal with something as minor as a few random pony-ups.

Doc: But they aren't minor! Magic started getting everywhere when I built that portal. It's taken a lot for me to earn everyone's trust. If we have to forfeit the games because I can't think of a way to keep it under control...

Dopey: Oh, Doc, I'm sure you'll be able to figure things out.

Sleepy: You were the one who made the Glooms lose their magic and leave Jollywood, remember?

Doc: I guess. But Grumpy was the one who really figured out what we needed to defeat them. Besides, the Glooms can't seem to leave us alone since their students are gonna compete against us in the games.

Sneezy: But don't you remember, darling? What we needed to defeat them was you.

Doc: (sighs) All right.

All but Doc: (cheering)

Bashful: Come on, guys! Let's see if we can find any info about the events and come up with a strategy. You comin', Doc?

Doc: I'll... catch up with you guys in a bit.
Doc walks up to the portal, with Grumpy on the other side of it with his device.

Doc: (sighs) Still no reply. Maybe there's another way I could reach him.
Grumpy's device causes Doc to not be able to go through the portal.

Doc: Hey, let go!

Grumpy's device sucks out all the magic from the portal.

Grumpy and Doc: (screams)

Doc: What did you do?!

Dean Grim: Grumpy, you have to check in with the others.

Doc: Where's the portal? (grunts) Where's the portal?!