chapter 2

I'm going to your house!  You won't be alone tonight!  - Ece said with such confidence that even she was surprised.

Evren looks at her in disbelief at what he is hearing, he thought that after hearing what Yağiz said, Ece would want to stay away from him, and not go to her house.

- Stop here Evren!  Park over there in that spot!  -He heard her speak, taking her out of her thoughts.

He stopped and parked the car, just as she asked.

- Wait here a minute, I'll be right back!  - Said Ece!

- It's all right!  I wait!

She gets out of the car, and before closing the door she gives a shy smile, Evren feels something burn inside, and he smiles at her too.

He picks up his cell phone, and sees some notifications, some messages.  He sees that Derin has called a few times, but decides to ignore it.

She calls again.  Evren thinks twice before answering... after a few seconds he decides to answer

- Evren?

- Hi Derin!

- Evren I need your help!  We have to talk!  I'm going to your house now!

- Derin... - He passes his hand over his forehead, while thinking of some excuse- ... I'm not home right now.  I'll be back soon!  Let's talk tomorrow!

- Evren I need your help now!
- Derin, let's talk tomorrow, okay?  I can't resolve anything right now anyway!  Tomorrow we talk with time.  And you tell me what happened.  Now I need to go.

- It's okay, Evren... Why are you acting like this?

- Just like Derin?

- So... distant!

- It's okay Derin, I'm just... tired, can we talk tomorrow?  Is it okay for you?

- All right Evren!  Goodnight!

- Good night, Derin!

He holds the cell phone tightly, his mind traveling at 100 KM/H his heart beating fast, it seems that the air inside the car was not enough!  "What's happening to me?"  He thinks.
  Suddenly the door opens, and he looks at Ece, who enters, carrying some bags.

- Is everything okay, Evren?

- Yes it is!  He takes a deep breath before answering.

- He is sure?

He just smiles, not funny at all - Can we go?  - He asks.

- We can!  - She responds suspiciously, while putting her seat belt.

The trip would have been absolutely silent if it weren't for the low music playing and the noise of the rain outside.  Still, it wasn't an awkward silence, it was just uncomfortable.
Soon they arrive at his house.  Evren opens the door and Ece enters, he enters next leaving his shoes at the door.
- I'll put this in the kitchen.  Could you enjoy and go take a shower what do you think?  - Ece asks as he walks to the kitchen, without even looking at him, who follows him in silence.

- What are you trying to do, little one?  -Evren asks, looking directly into her eyes, when she turns towards him.

- Trying?  I think I made my intentions pretty clear!  You don't need to be in control of everything, you can let people take care of you too!- Ece says confidently -
I told you I wouldn't leave you alone tonight.  So if you don't mind, go take a shower, because I have things to do too!  - She continues.

Evren has no reaction, he likes how bossy she is.  With a sarcastic smile on his lips he agrees with her, raising his hands in surrender.

- It's all right!  All good!  You won, I'll be back soon!  - He says smiling, heading towards the stairs.

He feels the warm water on his body, which quickly relaxes, he thinks about how this day today felt like 72 hours, so many things happened, the fight with Yağiz, the awkward conversation with Derin, the fact that Ece was in his kitchen at that moment, and especially the kiss shared with her.
That last thought makes him smile, he thinks about how good it is to have Ece around, how he has been a different person since he met Kerem and Ece.  He's always been a lonely person, but since they came into his life he doesn't feel so alone anymore, and that in a way makes him happy.

On the other hand, Ece is in the kitchen.
- I'm definitely the first person to use this kitchen since it was built!  - She talks to herself, while picking up the new utensils.  - What kind of person never boiled an egg?!

She tries to laugh at the situation, but feels sad, thinking that Evren didn't have the opportunity to feel part of a family, when they sit around the table at dinner time, or by the fireplace to listen to the stories of the most old.  She wants to hug him, to show him how valuable he is.  She knows these feelings are new to her, but a true friendship starts with being interested in the other person.
- But friends don't kiss, Ece!  Or are they kissing?!  - She thinks.  Just the fact of remembering the kiss shared with him already makes her smile.
- What's happening to me?  - She says out loud.  When she is brought out of her thoughts by the noise of Evren coming down the stairs.

- What a good smell!  What are you cooking?!  - Evren says, while sitting in the chair, in front of the island in the kitchen.

- I'm making pasta with Bolognese sauce!  Do you want to taste it, it's almost ready?!

- Yes I want!  - He says already getting up and going towards her.

He stops in front of her, while she takes a little sauce with the spoon and gently blows, he watches her hypnotized.  When she sees it's cold enough, she gently puts it in his mouth.  And waits for a reaction.

- Hmmm it's very good!  - Says Evren almost with a whisper.

- You liked it?  -Ece answers, getting a little closer, when she feels his hands on her waist.

- Yes I like!  I like a lot!  - He answers closer and closer to her mouth.

A very loud clap of thunder startles them, Ece nearly falls into his arms.

- Are you afraid of the little rain?  -He says smiling as he nestles her in her arms.

- Are you afraid of the little rain?  - He says smiling as he cradles her in his arms.

- I'm not afraid!  I was just scared, they are different things!  - She retorts.

- Hey, you don't have to be afraid!  You don't have to be afraid of anything, I'm here for you!  - He says placing his hands gently on his cheeks.

  - I know you are and I'm not afraid!  She gets tense, and he notices, trying to break this tension she says - I think it's ready!  We can have dinner!

- Of course, I'll get the dishes!

They eat, talk, laugh, Evren realizes how it's been a while since he's felt this way, his last nights have been fast food and sleeping drunk, never knowing if he's going to wake up in bed or on the couch in the living room, but tonight , he was happy, a happiness he hadn't felt for a long time.