Chapter 21 : Tricks and Questions

Shadow POV:

"HAHA, YES! They fell for it, I did get a little nervous though. Especially with Derpy recognizing you Bryan." After disconnecting from Derpy, Quinny got out of her fake bonds, and she and I were laughing. Lolli pranced up to Bryan and barked, it sounded like she wanted something. Quinny's eyes lit up and she ran around the house like a mad woman. Bryan yelled, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?!" She stopped and said, "Dog treats." I pointed towards my left, "Last cupboard on the right." And just like that, she zoomed off into the direction I pointed towards. Bryan was scratching Lolli's ear when he asked, "I know that I was willing to do this, but why did I agree to this again?" I grinned and said, "You agreed to this because you wanted some other way than just bluntly walking up to them and saying hi I'm the version of Bryan from that Universe that got destroyed like nine months ago. How are you?" Bryan facepalmed, "Why am I friends with you?" Lolli tilted her head in confusion and then started sniffing the air. She growled and ran outside. Quinny walked into the room holding a dog treat and asked, "What got Lolli so upset?" Bryan walked into his office and back out with his book. He said, "I believe they're here. Let's see if they decided to bring the Coalition or not. Are you both ready?" Quinny and I both saluted yelling, "YES SIR!" I grabbed some rope and tied Quinny's wrists together to the point that they looked tight, but they weren't tight enough for Quinny to not be able to undo them. I nodded to Bryan and Quinny showed two thumbs up. Right before opening the door, Bryan mumbled something just loud enough for me to hear, "And I'm ready for a definite punch in the face by Kayla." I thought, (Hold on, Kayla's going to punch him in the face, when was this a thing?) Bryan opened the door and we all saw Lolli excitedly running circles around Stravo, Kayla, and Derpy. Kayla was the first to notice the three of us but was afraid to take a step. Understandable, I mean, who wants to get run over by a wolf made of void? Bryan whistled and Lolli immediately ran back to us. He walked forward and Kayla started to walk forward as well. And right before my eyes, I watched as Kayla punched Bryan in the face, flipped Bryan, pinned him to the ground, created a sword out of water, and yelled, "WHAT THE FUCK BRYAN! WE HAVEN'T SEEN YOU FOR MONTHS AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO! EVER HEARD OF FRIENDLY REUNIONS?!" Suddenly, Bryan started to laugh, "First off, language. Second off, I deserved that. Thirdly, yeah, I have. But when years have passed by for you instead of months, you tend to change your ideals. Besides, from Shadow's and Quinny's points of view, a prank is considered a friendly reunion. Right?" Kayla raised an eyebrow and looked up at Quinny and me. Quinny pulled her hands apart, showing how the ropes were loosely tied, and I bowed while saying, "Surpriiise, one of the best pranks in existence, invented, by yours truly. Buddio here didn't properly introduce me in the conversation earlier. My name is Shadow. And I've been with Bryan for the past 19-20 years." Stravo then asked in confusion, "Hold on, Quinny doesn't need saving, and you both aren't evil?" Bryan laughed again, "Evil, no. We just do what we can to survive the multi-verse. Besides, Quinny was fine once I knew who she was." Derpy said, "Once you knew? So what was up with the threat thing?" I was petting Lolli when I said, "Oh that? We did that so you didn't bring the Coalition because one, they would go crazy. Two, we weren't lying when it would be about a month when you finally saw Quinny again. That's about the time that we need to get under the radar to start moving through dimensions again and for people to stop looking for us. And three, we don't want to deal with Otso." Derpy facepalmed herself and Kayla finally got off of Bryan. When Bryan got up, Kayla hugged him, it was then I noticed how their flames were interacting with each other. (How did I not notice this before?) When Bryan got close to either Kayla or Quinny, the flames looked as if they were dancing and melding with each other. It was, odd. Kayla asked, "So you're like 27 now?" Bryan smiled, "Yeah, physically and emotionally. That much time has passed for me and Shadow. You all were slower than snails, literally." Stravo was hugging Quinny over and over again sobbing, "I WAS SO WORRIED!" All Quinny could get out was, "I... Missed...You...Too? Now, please. I'm suffocating, let go." Stravo nervously smiled and let go. Derpy, still silent not saying anything. Approached me in curiosity, "Who exactly are you Shadow?" I blinked and stared at her in surprise, why did she ask that question? "Well, as I said, my name is Shadow, and I am a shadow." Stravo had a serious look and said, "But you aren't Bryan's shadow. So why are you with him?" I was still confused, and to think of it, I didn't know why I was with him. Nor whose shadow I was. I just altered myself to be like him and when he changed, I changed with him. For the first time in ages, I thought about where I came from. Bryan noticed my silence and asked, "Shadow, you good?" I smiled and nodded, looking down at both of my hands. Everyone was quiet until Kayla broke the silence. "Alright, I may have gone crazy making supper before we came to grab Quinny but. WHO WANTS BREAKFAST?!" Quinny seemed confused and squeaked, "wat?" Derpy laughed, "Kayla cooked up enough bacon, eggs, and buttermilk pancakes to feed everyone in the Coalition. Otso took Jay and Toby out with Jerry to do who knows what, so we have the house until probably, what, knowing Otso, 8:30?" My eyes widened as the thought of being in Derpy's house excited me. "BRYAN CAN WE?!" Bryan looked at me, then at Kayla and Quinny, we were all staring with begging eyes. He patted Lolli's head, sighed, and said, "Sure, but Lolli gets to come too. And I'm only doing this so maybe I could talk with Derpy a bit more. I want to hear what she knows about what happened that day. And maybe what else the Coalition might have known." Derpy seemed hesitant at first but said, "Alright, I'll tell you what I can. But can I please get the portal timer back along with Otso's alcohol?" Bryan smirked, "Yeah sure, was really hoping to try that wine though. Anyways, Shadow and I will meet you there. We need to talk in private first, and before you assume anything, no we aren't planning on stealing anything or betraying anyone. It's just personal matters." He glanced at me, (Bryan, I'm fine. No you're not, I can tell. Fine, let's talk right before we go.) Derpy, Stravo, Kayla, and Quinny all left and I heard pops and chimes when they teleported. Bryan raised an eyebrow, "I knew Derpy and Stravo both popped, but Quinny and Kayla sound like clock chimes? Well, that explains why I thought I heard a clock a few hours ago. But back to you, are you sure you're alright Shadow?" I did the cross my heart and hope to die movement, "Yes, I'm fine, stop acting like your my protective older brother." Bryan still looked worried, but he smiled and said, "Fine, but if you have an identity crisis or something, don't come crying to me. I'll see you there, I need to get some stuff for Lolli." I grinned, "Alrighty then Buddio, see ya on the other side of the lullaby." Just like that, I teleported as we both heard the sound of a crank.

"Hewo?" "What are you? Who are you? Why do you look like me?" "I don't know. Who are you?" "Me, my name is, Dylan."