009.

O N E    W E E K    L A T E R

O N E W E E K L A T E R . . .

Elated. Satisfied. Blessed.

Those were the words Jordan had recently felt.

It had been a week since Zayley and he hashed out everything, and he was thrilled to say the least. Not only were they able to resolve their problems, but reuniting their friendship was a bonus he didn't expect.

Although they hadn't seen each other since being trapped inside the elevator, that didn't stop them from communicating. Due to him playing in pre-season games all week and her working shifts at the hospital, the form of text was their way of speaking to one another throughout the day. If they were lucky, a phone call was squeezed in at night.

It didn't matter what form of communication they had—having normal conversations and laughing with each other like they used to put Jordan's mind at ease. It was truly the highlight of his day whenever he got to talk to her.

Zayley, however, was a bit more skeptical. She started questioning whether it was a good idea to befriend Jordan.

She had to admit she had missed his presence over the last few years, but that didn't stop the wavering feeling in her chest from seeping through.

Truthfully, she didn't want people to get the wrong idea of her and Jordan, especially Quentin. She knew her boyfriend would have mixed feelings about their friendship, so she hadn't brought it up.

Aside from misleading everyone, Zayley didn't want to be sucked back into Jordan's world. She had done it before and couldn't bear the thought of doing it again, hence why reuniting their friendship was nerve-racking.

Unbeknownst to Zayley, Jordan could sense her detachment. He knew it would take some time for her to adjust to everything. Being the gentleman he was, he didn't mind the wait. Making sure she was comfortable around him was important. If that meant proving to her that he wasn't the same guy from years before, then that's what he would do.

As of now, Jordan was sitting on the bench at the Chase Center. A smile hung profoundly on his face as he looked at an old picture of him and Zayley during one of his AAU tournaments.

 A smile hung profoundly on his face as he looked at an old picture of him and Zayley during one of his AAU tournaments