016.

F O U R    D A Y S    L A T E R

F O U R D A Y S L A T E R . . .

"Okay, let's see. I have my keys, phone, purse, and my dish." Zayley said to herself, standing by the front door.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something." She mumbled, looking around the furnished apartment. Her eyes landed on Milo, who sat beside his empty bowls, staring back at her wide-eyed.

"Ah ha! I knew I was forgetting something." She placed her items down before walking over to pick up the bowls. "How could I almost forget about my little man?"

She put in a reasonable amount of food and water to last the rest of the day. She was heading out and didn't know when she would be back home.

"Love you. Be a good boy for mommy! I'll be back later." She kissed her cat before grabbing her items and closing the door.

Zayley was on her way to Steph and Ayesha's house as they were throwing their annual Friendsgiving get-together for the team. Although Thanksgiving was a couple of days ago, they still thought it'd be a good idea to have friends over and enjoy the company of their loved ones.

After a thirty-minute drive filled with good music and vibes, Zayley finally made it to the Curry residence. She grabbed the dish she'd prepared from the passenger seat as a familiar car parked behind her.

"Look at you bringing out the Porsche today." Zayley smiled cheekily at Jordan and approached him and his vehicle.

"It's a nice day out. I figured why not?" He shrugged, bringing her into a hug, which she gladly accepted.

"Mmh. So, when are you going to let me test drive it?" She stood back, admiring the luxury car.

"Let's see." He put on his thinking face, "How about never."

"Never? Why not?" She twisted her face in confusion.

"You ain't ready for all that yet. Stick to that lil Toyota you're driving." He pointed to the car parked in front of him.

"Whatever." She smacked her lips. "And not too much on my baby, ain't nothing little about the Z-ehicle."

"Z-ehicle? You came up with that?" Jordan made the 'yikes' expression at the name. 

"Don't make the face. Kensely thought of the name and it just stuck with me. Do you have names for your cars?" She questioned as he shook his head no.

"Sad. That's just sad, Jordan." Zayley shook her head. "The least you can do is give them a name."

"I'll look into it. What'd you bring?"

"Cheesecake."

He stopped in his tracks abruptly with a big Kool-Aid smile. "Is it Mama Z's recipe?"