Chapter 5: Green to Blue

"Good morning, Louis."

Louis smiled, opening the door wider, "good morning, Harry." Harry stepped inside, wiping his feet before setting down his bag. Louis closed the door softly, "you're early."

Harry nodded, "my apologies, you were late yesterday. I wanted to make sure today was not the same."

Louis blushed, eyes fluttering downward, "thank you, Harry."

Harry bowed his head, "you're welcome." He looked around. "Abraham is still asleep."

"Yes." Louis motioned Harry to follow him to the kitchen. "It was not a very good night -for either of us." He opened the cabinet, pulling out a mug. "Would you like some coffee?"

"Please." Harry watched Louis' hands then his face. "You are very tired."

"Yes." Louis had seen himself in the mirror, it was as if he had grown thick bags overnight. "Abraham had a few night terrors -when he eventually fell asleep, my nightmares began."

Harry hummed, stopping Louis from getting milk. "Black is fine." He pressed the hot cup to his mouth, taking a large gulp. "You should not go to work."

Louis stirred milk into his cup of coffee, smiling lazily. "I wish, I didn't think I'd miss my son so much." He tapped the spoon against the cup twice. "I have to work, I must supply for Abraham and myself. It will be worth it in the end." Louis nodded to himself, "I know it will."

"You wish to move to Alaska." Harry finished off his coffee, putting it down. "I was born there."

Louis' eyes lit up. "Born? In Alaska?"

Harry nodded once, "Yes, Barrow."

Louis took a sip, setting his cup beside Harry's empty one, "it is very cold there -I -I don't think we could live there, maybe in Sitka."

"Hm, Sitka is very nice." Harry crossed his arms, "why Alaska?"

Louis shrugged, picking up his coffee again, warm in his hands. "I've always wanted to go, since I was young. My mother was deployed there and she brought me back a T-Shirt." Louis bit his lip, smiling, "the pictures were beautiful."

"Half-breeds are not common there. You must be accepted, through council, into the territory."

Louis cleared his throat softly, "yes, I know, it is something that worries me."

"Do you think you will not be accepted?"

Louis chuckled sadly, "a half-bred omega, bonded -no mate, with a child -it does not sit well in my favor."

Harry tilted his head, "this is true, but you will still try."

"I will." Louis looked Harry in the eye. "Because I know I will be safe with Abraham -away from -everything here."

"I see." Harry served himself a second cup of coffee. "If they do not accept you, I will help you get in."

Louis almost dropped his coffee, shuffling into Harry's personal space. "Will you? How?"