Chapter 8

"Guys! Come quick!" Pixal shouted urgently. The ninja and Wu quickly rushed out to the deck of the Bounty where they looked out over Ninjago City. They had positioned it there so they could watch over the city, but they all looked in horror at what was happening below. The five ninja pulled down their masks, wasting no time to jump into the action. Wu and Pixal quickly followed.

    Hundreds of fearsome soldiers, made of ancient stone, marched uniformly to the highest point in Ninjago City: Borg Tower. At the front of the army was Garmadon, the Quiet One, and noticeably no Lloyd. Upon closer look at Garmadon, you could see slithery skin and glowing, pupil-less eyes.

    "We're doomed!" Jay complained loudly as they followed the army. "We have no Green Ninja, no plan, no massive army!"

    "No! We're gonna figure something out!" Kai said with determination.

    "We need a plan." Zane said firmly. "If we rush in without thinking, we'll accomplish nothing."

    "We need to get Garmadon out of the picture first." Cole said, trying to think. The harder part was how to get Garmadon out.

    "Maybe we can find some way to combine our powers, like the Tornado of Creation only better. We don't have a green ninja, but that might be close." Nya suggested. With no better or other plans at all, the ninja agreed to follow it. They would try to get up to Garmadon after blocking off the stone army and the Quiet One. After that, they'd try to fight Garmadon one on one and deal with the rest later. It was shaky, but they could make it work. They had to.

    "Okay, you ready Zane?" Kai called out once they got closer. To block off the Stone Army, Zane had to make a giant ice wall, at least half a foot thick.

    Zane nodded. They jumped to Garmadon, and in an instant,  Zane pushed all his power out, creating a large dome of ice surrounding the ninja, the Quiet One, and Garmadon.

    "Whatever you fools are doing, it won't work!" Garmadon shouted, his voice low and raspy.

    "Quick! We need to- " Nya started, but quickly stopped. The Stone Army had already broken through the dome.

    "All we need is more time!" Jay said as he dodged stone spears and swords.

    "We don't have that!" Cole said impatiently.

    Over and over they tried their plan, but the Stone Army kept breaking through. Each time, things were looking dimmer and dimmer. Eventually they were just desperately fighting against Garmadon.

    "We can't do this now." Zane said. "This is only going to put us in a worse position. The best thing to do is retreat."

    "We can't just give up!" Cole protested. The ninja agreed, but Nya sided with Zane.

    "Zane's right," Nya said. "We could just be getting ourselves killed. Remember what Sensei said? 'You can't always win the battle that day'" While they debated, Garmadon was still trying to kill them.

    The ninja looked to each other. None of them wanted to give in, but there wasn't much they could do right now.

    Garmadon may have won for now, but soon they would come back strong enough to beat him.

~<>~

    "We need the Green Ninja, right?" Kai asked. The whole squad was meeting together, trying to find a solution.

    "Mhm. I fear there may be no other way." Wu said in response.

    "I think I might know who it is." Kai added. At this, everyone immediately focused in.

    "Well who?" Jay questioned, popping up in front of Kai.

    "Lloyd." When Kai had kissed Lloyd, the energy he felt wasn't just chemistry. He got to thinking, It would make sense if Lloyd was the Green Ninja. But how could Kai explain his reasoning without sounding weird. "When I was close to him it was like there was this weird energy."

    The gang eyed him a little weird, but finally Cole said, "I mean, we don't really have any other leads, so why not? But how are we gonna find him?"

    "It doesn't seem like he's with Garmadon anymore. I didn't see him anywhere with the army." Zane said, and everyone agreed.

    "Maybe he has a phone." Jay mentioned before being quickly shot down.

    "It's not gonna be that easy." Nya said with a wistful look. "We know Harumi broke him out. If we can find out where those two went first, then we can go from there."

    "Then we've finally got a plan." Kai said with a relieved smile.

    "NINJAAAAA GOOO!"