𝟏 - 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 (𝟏/𝟑)

"Eomma!"

It was a Saturday night a.k.a the Choi's family night.

"Yes, sweetie? What is it?" Eomma Choi turned her head to the other side of the room, where Seungcheol was making something, papers and other crafts scattering on the living room's table.

"I have an essay" Seungcheol said reading his notebook. "Ask your parents of how did your family grew" Seungcheol looked at his parents.

"Huh, we never told you that?" Appa Choi questioned.

The kids shook their head.

"Well, buckle up kiddos" Appa Choi chuckled. "This is gonna be a long night"

The kids smiled, putting down whatever they were doing, as they faced their parents.

"Now" Eomma Choi spoke up once she put away her sewing kit. "Where should I start?"

"How about when Seungcheol hyung was born Eomma?" Seungkwan suggested. "He is the oldest"

"Yeah, hit it Eomma" Seungcheol giggled, turning on his recording app.

"Well, it started 19 years ago........."

19 years ago; August 8

"We were going to the hospital when our car broke down"

Appa Choi groaned. "I'm so sorry honey"

"We thought your mom was gonna give birth right then and there"

"But a family has spotted us in time"

"Gosh, are you two alright?" Asked the woman who stepped down from the van, his husband following suite.

"Our car broke down and my wife is about to give birth" Appa Choi explained. "Could you maybe give us a ride to the hospital?"

"Well, we were on our way there too" The man said. "Come, we'll take you there" He opened the car's door, revealing four little kids.

"Sweeties, could you please move to the back seat? It'll be a one time thing I promise" The woman bribed.

The oldest of the four nodded. "Otay Eomma" The oldest said, climbing to the back.

"Boys, listen to your Jin hyung alright?"

"Yes!" The younger kids nodded, as they climbed to the back, the older kid catching them one by one.

"Here, your tablet is there and so are some snacks" The woman said, handing a small bag.

"Yesh yesh Eomma, huwwy! Hewp 'ady!" The little boy with an adorable cat face said.

The couple helped the Choi couple into the car as they drove to the hospital as quickly as possible.

"Aww, that's so cliché!" Seungkwan whined.

"Who was the family that helped you Eomma?" Jisoo asked.

"Oh, you know them very well. In Mingyu's case, that is" Appa Choi winked at his tall son.

Said son gasped. "The Kim Family? Wherein Jungkook is in??"

The siblings gasped at this.

"Auntie Kim and Uncle Kim??" Chan widened his eyes. "Wow, that was unexpected"

"Yeah, Seungcheol and Jin did became close in their childhood days too" Eomma Choi said.

"I remember" Seungcheol smiled. "Jin hyung said that I was gonna be his "little brother"" He chuckled.

"But then you won't be our Hyungie anymore!" Chan whined, clinging onto the eldest.

"Okay okay, enough" Seungcheol laughed, pushing the youngest gently.

"So, who's next?"

"US!!" The oldest pair of twins exclaimed.

"Well let's see" Appa Choi placed a finger on his chin. "It was 3 months after when we went to Daegu for a business trip"

"What happened with me Eomma?" Seungcheol asked.

"We let the Kim family babysit you for a whole week" Appa Choi chuckled at the memory.

17 years ago; October 4

The Choi couple was walking around the city, until they came across an orphanage.

With much curiosity, the couple entered the huge place.

"Aigoo, so many cuties!" Eomma Choi cooed at the little children playing in the front yard.

"Hello! Welcome to our orphanage, would you be visiting or adopting?" A young girl came out from the huge mansion and bowed at the couple. She looked like she was 17. She was wearing a white t-shirt and some jeans, her hair tied into a ponytail and a soft smile on her lips.

"We'd like to look around for a moment dearie" Eomma Choi said.

"Do you perhaps have any babies?"

"Why certainly" The girl nodded. "Please follow me" She gestured the lovely couple to enter.

Upon arriving at a huge room, they were greeted with tons of cribs, the sound of babies, crying, giggling and squealing combined.

Appa Choi looked up at the small banner above.

𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟎

𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟐

𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑

And so on.....

The younger girl must've noticed Appa Choi "The babies are divided into their birth years"

"Then the youngest must be....."

The girl looked up. "2006, our newborns, yes, would like to see them?"

The girl and the couple walked to the end of the room, only to the couple's shock, there was only two babies.

"There's only two?" Eomma Choi asked, looking at the two cute, adorable babies sharing one crib.

"Yes, actually they're twins, but no one hasn't adopted them since they're were given away as soon as the mother gave birth, "too young to handle" they said. I'm surprised you're curious enough to come this far" The girl said.

"That's so sad" Appa Choi muttered, leaning down to reach the babies.

One of them perked up at the guest and stared at the man with huge innocent eyes.

"'oo! 'oo!" He shook his twin, gaining the attention of him.

"Huh?"

"'Pa! 'Pa!" He giggled.

Appa Choi was touched.

"Aww, good job Hannie!" The girl smiled, giving a high five to the baby.

The baby did gave a high five back, but repeated it 5 times before actually putting his hand back down.

The girl giggled. "So extra. Now," He turned around the couple. "Would you like to see more?"

"Actually" Appa Choi looked at her wife, then at the girl. "We'll adopt these two"

"My my" The girl chuckled. "This is a great birthday gift ain't it boys?"

"WE'RE ADOPTED?!?!?!?" The twins gasped, holding each other as if their lives depended on it.

"Ha! No wonder you look so ugly!" Jun cackled.

"Don't be so proud yet Jun" Appa Choi smirked.

Jun widen his eyes. "No-"