Ten

-

Cough

Cough

A heavily saturated cloud of smoke was pushed into the air, straight out from within Luke's lungs. He waved his hands frantically in an attempt to fan it all towards my open window, but instead only further aiding its dissipation throughout my room.

Cough

"S-shit I'm so sorry," he apologized, still fanning the air. I couldn't help but smirk at him as he passed the bong toward me, coughing once more, but this time into the crook of his elbow.

"You're fine," I chuckled, lifting the glass piece up to my lips, "I've done the same thing countless times." Quickly sliding the side of my thumb down the spark wheel, I ignited the lighter, grazing it over the green that was packed into the bowl. He watched closely as I took a hit, holding it in my lungs for a brief moment before slowly blowing it out, aiming towards the window successfully.

"You make it look way too easy," his eyes burned into me with a slight smirk plastered on his face, my stomach flipped at the way he looked at me.

We were both sitting cross legged on my bed facing each other. Despite how exhausted we were prior to the event that took place in my kitchen, by the time we came in here to go to bed neither of us were able to fall asleep.

"Do you want any more?" I asked him, breaking our eye contact to lightly tap the ashes out into the tray, being extra careful not to spill any. Out of my peripherals, I saw him shake his head no.

"No thanks, I don't think my lungs or me can handle any more after that last hit."

"Fair enough," I responded before taking one last hit of what what was left. When I was done I blew out the rest of the ashes that were packed down and stood up to go place the bong onto my dresser, the floor creaking beneath me as I walked over. "Hopefully that will be enough to get us tired again."

As I turned back around I was surprised to see that Luke had already laid back down, his eyelids lightly shutting as I made my way back toward the bed.

"That worked quickly," I giggled while staring at him, the corners of his lips turning upwards at my comment.

"Come join me," he spoke softly, not moving a muscle, the exhaustion evident in his voice which now had a slight rasp to it.

I sighed contently while reaching over to completely turn off the lamp that was set to dim. Instantly, the room flooded with darkness. Carefully, I crawled over him to get to the other side of my bed.

"Luke you're not even under the blankets, you're going to be cold," I told him, lightly tugging at the blankets so I could get under them.

He groaned, sitting up and pulling his legs up towards his chest so he could slide underneath the blankets. Once he got settled, he rolled over so he was now facing to face with me. In the dark of the room I could only see the outline of his features.

"Hey," he whispered, and even in the darkness of the room I could sense his eyes looking through me.

"Hi." I adjusted myself so I was more comfortable with how I was laying. He moved his head closer, our noses just barely making contact with each other.

I acted fast, closing the gap between us, ever so lightly pressing my lips to his. My gesture causing him to smile against me.

"That was nice of you," he mumbled before kissing me back harder but still remaining gentle. His lips were soft and without a doubt, the most pleasant I've ever felt. I was hesitant to pull away from him, but did so anyways.