Prologue

There was a scream-a scream of a woman. doors that were hiding full of lights. Inside were a few doctors helping out a woman who was giving birth. She cries and cries, but as the time comes, there is a loud baby's cry. The woman who gave birth almost fainted. She rested her head on a pillow and relaxed, watching as one doctor collected the newborn baby to check up on the baby's health. "Congratulations, Leena. You have a healthy baby girl," a doctor said to Leena. Leena Klammer. One of the most violent patients at Saarne Institute. Ever since they took Leena in, Leena was already pregnant for 4 months. It is crazy and impossible for such a short and violent woman to have a baby. Leena didn't know she was carrying a baby until they had a health check-up on her first day. So all the doctors did what it took to keep her and the baby in care; finally, the baby was out and Leena Klammer could rest. All the doctors helping her were people working for the Saarne Institute, an asylum in Estonia. Leena was forced to give birth at this horrible place. Leena hated this place and these people; she hated that her daughter would have to live here, but at least she would live with her. Knowing better that she had no place of her own. Leena is mad at herself for not being strong enough for her baby. She would do anything for her now. Before the baby, Leena's life was so shitty. She wanted a better life for herself. It's so complicated for Leena to think of a way to get out of this world. And because of that, she is (for now) stuck at Saarne Institute. Finally, after a very long hour of waiting and catching a few breaths, a doctor approaches her. "Leena Klammer," the figure said, yet Leena couldn't tell who it was. "You have done well, Leena." "Where is she?" Leena asked, making the doctor straighten his posture. "Pardon?" "I said: Where is she? My daughter. I want my baby." The doctor sighed as he turned to leave. "I'll get her in a few moments." Leena was left waiting another long hour just to have her baby. How long will this be? Leena thought. She let out a long sigh and shut her eyes. If she must wait for her daughter, then she will wait. Is it that hard to examine a baby? What is taking so long? Is her baby okay? After waiting for so long, the same doctor walks into the room, carrying a bundle in his arms. "Here she is." He hands her the baby, now covered by a towel. Leena smiles. Every mother always sees her babies as special. But Leena was sure that her baby was so special and precious. "So, have you decided on a name for her yet?" The doctor asked. Leena heard him but kept her gaze on the little girl in her arms, a bit distracted. The newborn had her eyes shut, her body and temperature warm and solid. This girl is so precious, Leena thought. A tear fell from her eye as she watched the little one take tiny breaths. The baby senses her mother here with her; she has those little arms raised high and tries to reach for her. Leena just kept smiling and placed a soft peck on the child's forehead. "Yes," Leena answered. She held up a breath and slowly let it go, as she was going to say the name that would forever be her daughter's. "Emma," Leena said, as it was the most special name that meant a lot to her in the world. "Her name is Emma." "Well, that's nice. Now say goodbye to Emma." Leena looks up. "Goodbye?" "Well, I hate to tell you this, Leena, but we can't allow you to keep your child here." The doctor made a gesture to get the baby from Leena. "Your baby can't stay here, but we know someone who would love to have her as her own. We can't allow a baby on these grounds." When the doctor made his way to get Emma, Leena made a quick move by avoiding her out of view. "No! You are not taking my baby. She's mine! My child, you can't do this to me!" The doctor sighed and made a nod to someone on the front. Leena turned to see orderlies waiting just behind her in case of any trouble. The two pairs of orderlies get to Leena's side, and the doctor, who was just standing there, grabs the newborn out of Leena. The baby started to cry, and that broke the mother's heart. Leena didn't want them to touch her, not even lay a finger on her. So, with all she could, she attacked. She first punched the man's face with one fist and used that fist to scratch the other on the face too. The poor guy screamed in pain, and he almost dropped the baby to the ground. Out of nowhere, more orderlies came rushing to stop Leena. "Get off of me!" Leena roared. "Get your hands on my daughter!" Too late, the doctor got his arms around Emma tightly. His face now bruised and bleeding, he walks away, reaching for the door behind him.

"Anna mulle mu laps tagasi!" (Give me back, my baby!)

Leena screamed, of course, in Estonian. Her eyes spilled tears, one full of joy, now tears of rage and sadness.

"Emma, ei! Palun ära võta teda minult!" (Emma, no! Please don't take her from me!)

All her limbs were held by four pairs. Leena tried to move but sadly failed. This just makes Leena more and more furious.

"Palun, ära tee seda..." (Please, don't do this.)

Leena wept when she no longer saw her baby in view. She screams and moves around her body, trying to fight for her daughter from these terrible people, but then they sedate her with a drug that was injected into her shoulder. Leena cried in pain, especially in this situation. Slowly, due to the drug she was injected with, Leena's vision became blurry, and her body was getting tired and weaker. Leena wanted to fight back, but this time she fainted and went to sleep. She was still on the mattress, and all the orderlies took Leena to her cell. Leena could recover in her cell now that she had finally given birth, but while Leena was carried to her cell, the doctor who had Leena's child still kept her with him, as the next thing that happened was when Emma was gone... forever.