Drunken Night

No context needed, it's all given in the first few sentences.

Might post the lemon on my A03, dunno. We love family friendly things here. ANYWAY. enjoy.

——-

Sophie normally considered her ideas very good. Brilliant even. However, sometimes she really had to reconsider her decision on that matter when certain scenarios were born from said "brilliant ideas". Scenarios such as her and Keefe somehow ending up a little too drunk on the floor of a bedroom in her new, very large, very empty house after her housewarming party.

Of course everyone in the group had came over to celebrate, but as soon as midnight hit, they all decided at once that it was time to go, and even Keefe had left then. But, when he had shown up ten minutes later with a bottle of Fizzleberry wine in hand, a plan to get wasted, and a mischievous grin that made her heart do somersualts, Sophie had no choice but to let him back in.

Except an hour and an empty bottle of wine later, Sophie found herself really wishing she could've said no. Simply because as soon as the alcohol began to hit her, Keefe Sencen seemed to get about ten times more attractive, and she was uncomfortably aware of how close they were laying while staring at the ceiling filled with small gems and comparing them to the constellations.

"Foster," Keefe began, and Sophie hated how she could hear the grin in his tone. "I'm going to need you to explain the extreme waves of frustration...and..." He paused and waved his hand as if he couldn't find the word. "...strange feelings I'm getting from you right now."

He turned to look at her, and his face was very flushed. Sophie tried to tamp down the fresh wave of "strange feelings" that the sight elicited from her, but there was no point. She was far too drunk to attempt something she couldn't even manage when she was sober. So she did the next best thing. She gaslit the hell out of him.

"I think you need to recalibrate your Empath abilities, Keefe. I feel perfectly calm and collected." Sophie was lying through her teeth, and he knew it. Keefe sat up, and looked down at her on the floor.

"So you absolutely don't feel any different than you do normally?" He asked, his grin still present, if not more so now that he knew exactly what those "strange feelings" were.

"Nope!" Sophie exclaimed, eyes rapidly darting back up to the ceiling just so she wouldn't be looking right at him when she lied. Keefe sighed, and a moment later, he placed his hand on her knee. Sophie suddenly felt her lungs collapse, and it took her a moment to remember how to breathe.

"And this-" He patted her knee to emphasize his placement. "doesn't make you feel any different?"

Sophie swallowed thickly and shook her head. Why was he doing this? Sure, they had flirted here and there, but nothing had ever been said about her obvious attraction to the blond elf, simply because she didn't want to push their friendship more than the flirting already did. Because what if he didn't like her like that? What if the flirting was just misread jokes? Sophie couldn't imagine him liking her like that, and she preferred to keep it that way.

Keefe laughed. He laughed at her. See? He was just teasing her again. Nothing more, nothing less. This is exactly why she never tried for anything-

Her brain stopped when he moved his hand much higher to her mid-thigh. Sophie sat up, and looked at him, not even caring that the space between them had gotten even slimmer. He was so close to her now, that she could smell the wine on his breath and the spiced toothpaste underneath it all. He didn't move his hand, and his grin had faded somewhat.

He moved his hand so he was now cradling her jaw with his thumb, while the rest of his fingers angled her face up towards his own.

"And if I said I really wanted to kiss you right now, you'd agree that doesn't bring up any weird feelings?" He was whispering, but it was the loudest thing she'd ever heard. She didn't know if it was the alcohol or the dizzying flurry of emotions rushing through her causing it, but the room started spin, and she had to close her eyes for a moment.

When she opened them again, she realized he was waiting for her answer. For some reason, that sent a swarm of butterflies straight to her stomach.

"I think we both know exactly how I feel right now, Keefe," She whispered back. Then, she did something that shocked even herself, and she leaned forward just a fraction. "Now my question is how does this make you feel?"

Sophie closed the space between them, and she swore her heart was about to leap out of her chest at the contact. Kissing Keefe was like her first bite of mallowmelt, sweet, somewhat tangy, and far too good to be true. Realzing this Sophie pulled away, and began apologizing.

"I-I'm so sorry! I got carried away, that wine really-" Keefe put his hand lightly over her mouth, and when she looked at his face, she was surprised to see the serious expression on it.

"You asked me how that makes me feel?" Keefe breathed as she nodded, terrified of his answer. "Well, I'd be a pretty lousy Empath if I didn't know that my emotions were screaming at me to do it again."

And then he moved his hand, and captured her lips once more, but this time, Sophie realized as his tongue brushed her bottom lip, he wanted another taste of the Fizzleberry wine.

— END

Next up truth or dare with the gang. see ya then.