Nursery

By now, Lydia is 29 weeks along.

And it was past due time to put the twin's nursery together.

So, you and Lydia finally decided to start.

She picked the room, which was previously used as a guest room, and you had cleared it out.

And earlier that week, you bought things for the babies and hadn't told Lydia about it.

So, you had put everything in the room without her knowing as a little surprise.

You had two cribs beside each other against the back wall, both painted black as you knew that was Lydia's favorite colour.

And above the cribs you hung two mobiles with little toy bats and spiders hanging from the ceiling.

When you spun them around it played a creepy little tune you knew Lydia would love.

You put a rocking chair in the corner with giant stuffed animals around it for when the babies were a bit older and able to play with them.

And you had bought custom wall decals that you put up above the cribs that reads, "The Deetz Twins".

You laid down a few large fluffy rugs down on the hardwood floor before adding the finishing touches of wall stickers of things you knew Lydia would like such as, spiders, cobwebs, bats, cameras and other things.

And once you were done, you headed downstairs to grab Lydia.

"Hey, I want you to see something, love." you say, grasping her hand as she gets up.

"Alright, lets go then." she replies, allowing you to lead her up the stairs.

You are careful to make sure she is safe on the steps all the way until she reaches the top.

"Okay, now close your eyes." you whisper.

She does as you say, closing her eyes.

You guide her into the nursery, stopping to stand in the doorway for a moment.

"Are you ready?" you ask.

She smiles and nods, "Uh-huh!".

"Okay, open your eyes..." you murmur.

She opens her eyes.

Her jaw drops as she looks around the room.

She brings her hands up to her mouth, softly gasping.

She approaches the cribs and you follow her.

As she stops in front of them, you place a gentle hand on her back.

She raises one of her hands to gingerly spin one of the mobiles above her.

The soft tune plays as she does.

She smiles.

Then, she looks up to see the decals you put up above the crib.

The one that says, "The Deetz Twins.".

"Oh my gosh..." she whispers, covering her mouth again.

She waddles over to the rocking chair, sitting down.

You follow her, stopping to crouch down in front of her.

"What's wrong, baby?" you ask as she sniffles.

You can see tears watering in her beautiful brown eyes.

"Nothing.It's just...you did all of this?By yourself?" she asks.

You nod, "I thought it would be a nice little surprise for you.".

She softly chuckles, "It is.I love it all so so much...I'm just getting really emotional because...I know it won't be long until we have the babies in those cribs.I'll miss them being like this, you know?" she says, placing a hand on the top of her stomach.

"I know.I feel the same." you reply, gently wrapping your arms around her large, round belly.

"But, I'm just so excited to meet them at the same time." you add.

She smiles down at you as you nuzzle the side of your face against her stomach.

"You're so strong, Lydia.I hope you know that.I'm so so proud of you and the babies." you whisper.

A tear falls from her eye.

You stand up to wipe them with your sleeve before leaning down to place a kiss on her lips.

She tilts her chin up to meet your mouth.

Then, you both pull away to look at each other lovingly.

"I'm so happy that this is happening.But I'm even happier that it's happening with you by my side." she murmurs, raising a hand to stroke the side of your face.

"I feel the same, love.".