What If I Never Existed?

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER HAS DEPICTIONS OF DEREALIZATION AND TRAMUA, DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO SAID TOPICS!

Samantha ran until it felt like her legs wouldn't work anymore. Her tears had dried up, making her face feel weird. She looked around hoping she somehow ran out of this hellhole but she had the same nostalgic vibe all the other levels gave off.

The floor made an impact with her knees, and she kneeled their hopelessly. There was nothing left to do. No matter how hard she tried, she could not escape the backrooms. She would have to rot the rest of her days here, if the entities didn't get to her by then.

Everything felt still, as if her whole world paused. If there was nothing she could do, she could at least get the rest she wanted. The only thing she heard along with her own heartbeat and breathe was the familiar buzzing noise.

Throughout her journey the buzzing noise had followed her. It was as if she was a rotting corpse that was attracting flies. She had to double check that her reality was still real, for it was getting hard to tell. There was nothing better to do than sit there and think.

Sam lost track of how long she sat there, staring off into nothing. Eventually her vision warped to see her mother before her, the mother that wasn't motherly at all. She was once again in that same closet she was locked in for hours, even days. 

She told her eight simple words. "It would be better if you never existed."

Then it was back to nothing. It was probably just a hallucination but it felt like her mother's ghost was specifically delivering that message to her. And she couldn't help but agree, for she had nothing better to do. 

But at the same time, everything could have also been fixed if she just had the mom her false memories led her to believe was hers. Somebody who loved and cared for her, that didn't feel as if her existence was a burden. However, it was too late for that and all she could do was sit there. Hoping she would wake up from this nightmare.