Chapter 6 | The Wounded Market Trip

Kagi, Northeast, The New World

She was lost on the roads of Kagi, clutching her bleeding arm as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Agony shook her body- but it was minuscule compared to what it actually was. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins, forcing her body to continue until everything was okay.

With a trembling body, her gaze searched for someone to help her.

"Woah, what happened?" A man's deep voice startled her- making her stop and whip around.

Marcus, the man who allowed her into Kagi, worriedly walked up to her. His hair was wrapped in a high ponytail, and two dreads framing his angled face.

The man wore leather armour, a white blouse underneath, and tight black slacks that still allowed plenty of movement. A sword hung from his hip, and a crossbow was attached to his back.

Stumbling up to him, clutching her bloody arm, she could only plead in Middle French, "A-Aidez-moi... s'il vous plaît," She pleaded.
[Please... help me,]

His gaze dropped to her arm and widened significantly.

Despite not understanding what she said, Marcus saw the blood from a mile away. His nose twitched as if he was sniffing the air, but it could've been from the cold dusk.

"I got you," He suddenly put an arm on her back, "I need to carry you. You've already lost too much blood, lady."

Without a care in the world, she nodded fast enough to give herself whiplash.

Marcus picked her up bridal style and immediately began running down the street. His feet moved like lightning- causing the wind to whip past them and rake its claws against her pale skin. 

Despite the cold and his thin clothing, the olive-toned man was warm like a cooling oven.

In barely a minute, they were at a magnificent church between the towering pine and maple trees. The wooden building was similar to the keep, except it was made entirely of wood and a thatch roof. Wooden beams curved into the beautiful roof.

Quickly entering the beautiful building, a few people gathered inside and immediately turned with worried expressions.

A woman emerged from a doorway wearing a dark brown dress with a leather belt around her waist. Her black hair was in a detailed braid, with two tiny braids tight against her scalp and two long braids resting on her shoulders.

Tilting her head, quickly sniffing the air, her gaze widened.

"Come quick," She gestured wildly at the duo, "Before she loses more blood."

Knowing she would be okay caused her eyelids to get heavy. She sighed with relief, holding a hand to her pounding heart as the world got foggy and quiet.