Chapter 7

Seri couldn't stop thinking about Yeonjun as Soobin dragged her through the crowd. Both the boys probably knew each other and had a bad history together. Soobin suddenly came to a halt and turned to face her.

"I am sorry for leaving you alone. I shouldn't have done that." Seri knew he was talking about Yeonjun, but before she could reassure him that she was fine, Jake's voice exploded again.

"The first game is a beer drinking contest. The rules are simple: whoever finishes their cup of beer first ,wins." Jake said with a grin. 

Seri was a light drinker, so the game was definitely not for her. She became drunk after only three shots. She noticed many people taking seats on the stage, where there were two long tables with huge glasses of beer. 

She noticed a specific black-haired girl wearing a short black dress among those present. Many people, especially males, glanced at Luna as she mounted the stage stairs; Seri couldn't blame them. Luna's beautiful long dark hair, sharp features, and defined curves could draw both men and women's attention. Seri couldn't help but be jealous of her friend. She had longed to look like Luna and be as beautiful as her since she was a child, but instead she was born with brown hair, pale complexion, and barely any curves. She wished she was more gorgeous. She was so preoccupied with her own thoughts that she hadn't noticed Yeonjun bumping into Soobin.

"Oh my bad" Yeonjun said with a sly grin. Soobin glared at him.

"Why the long face?" Yeonjun asked him, as if he did not remember the incident before this. Soobin took in a deep breath to calm himself "What do you want?"

Yeonjun made a chin gesture in the direction of the stage, his eyes holding a challenge and a smirk plastered on his face. "Wanna play? "

Soobin continued to scowl at him, "And why would I?"

"Because, my dear Soobinie, you can't resist a challenge, and you wouldn't want her to think that her boyfriend is a coward," he said. The tops of Soobin's ears had taken on a dark pink colour. Sei could see that Yeonjun's words were impacting Soobin.

Soobin clenched his jaw and rolled his hands into tight fists. After a brief pause, he opened his mouth and said, "Fine."

Yeonjun grinned. A grin that Seri wanted to smack right off of his face. Soobin looked at her and she gave him a reassuring smile. "I'll be okay"

Soobin gave her a small smile before looking at Yeonjun. Both the boys went towards the stage.

 Some girls beside her were already making plans to ask them both out later. Typical. Seri rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, diverting her attention to the stage, where the contest had already begun.

Huge glasses of beer were slowly getting empty. One by one, contestants passed out on the stage and were carried away by their friends. Until only three people remained on the stage. Yeonjun, Soobin, and Luna. They were all on their final glasses. Seri was surprised that Luna survived until now without puking. The two boys were also not looking well. Their cheeks were flushed, and their eyes were becoming hazy.

Luna raised the glass to her lips, but she collapsed before she could drink her final few drops. Seri sighed and rolled her eyes. She was expecting this. She decided to leave her intoxicated friend on stage and concentrate on the two boys, who were both neck-and-neck.

Two glasses were banged onto the table.

Yeonjun and Soobin were panting fiercely, a light film of foam on their upper lips.

Everyone waited eagerly for Jake to announce the results.
"And the prize goes to..." Jake paused before going for the guys' wrists.
Soobin and Yeonjun exchanged a deadly gaze.
"..Yeonjun!" Jake yelled and held up Yeonjun's wobbly hand.

Everyone cheered loudly and Yeonjun smirked but not before meeting Soobin's fiery gaze.

------------

🍻🍻🍻