Dance Lessons (God AU)

(Author's Note: A memory that I wrote for the Sanders Sides God AU I'm working on, which is based on a role play where these two OCs originated. Trying to get the God AU focused more on the Sides though so I decided to put extra Aslov and Themis content here. This one is focused on Themis (who goes by Eulises since this is when he's a kid) and Janus from Sanders Sides. A couple of my other OCs do appear in this, but aren't the main focus.)

"Eulises." Janus called, the other smaller Gods that were still children lined up in front of him. Eulises looked up, and grinned before returning his attention to bonking a soda bottle against his head. "Eulises." Janus called again, more sternly this time. "But Mom! I don't want to learn how to dance!" Eulises complained, causing the other kids to snicker.

"Trust me, Eulises. Dancing is a skill that you will be glad to know one day." Janus assured him, walking over to the child and offering his hand. "But I don't want to..." Eulises groaned, falling back onto the ground and ragdolling. "Come on, Eulises! You might fall in love one day, won't you want to dance with them?" Keres teased with a grin.

"Ew." Eulises scoffed, his nose wrinkling at the mention of his brother. "Keres, he could be aromantic." Febris pointed out, causing Keres to snort. "I don't think so. I've seen him get all flustered talking to a human boy once." She commented, causing Eulises to blush and glare at her. "Shut up!" Eulises whined, causing Janus to chuckle as Keres stuck her tongue out. "Alright you two." Janus interjected, stepping between them. "Perhaps since you've made such a scene and all eyes are on you now, you'd like to be my volunteer?" He then asked Eulises, smirking as he again offered a hand to the smaller God.

Eulises growled, fire shooting out of his nostrils as he sat up with a pout. "This is stupid." He muttered. "You always say that, and yet you always end up enjoying my lessons." Janus taunted. Eulises glared at him, and Janus chuckled lightly. "Alright then, if you're sure. I don't want to force you." He dismissed before turning away.

"Wait..." Eulises murmured, slowly pushing himself to stand. "Yes?" Janus asked, looking over his shoulder and watching as Eulises stood up. He had his hands in his pockets, and was looking down while kicking at the ground. "I guess... I could try..." He muttered, causing Janus to smile. "Again, you don't have to if you really don't want to. I just wanted to encourage you to try it at least." Janus assured him.

"It's not like I'll ever have someone to dance with." Eulises pointed out. "You never know. Maybe someday you will." Janus suggested. "And how impressed will they be when the mighty Eulises, God of Anger and Fire, sweeps them off their feet?" He then mused, turning his large, snake-like tail to legs spinning around gracefully. With the help of his cane of course. Eulises looked up and watched, chuckling at how silly Janus looked.

That time when Janus offered a hand to Eulises, he accepted it, and Eulises tried his best to follow the steps as Janus instructed him. When Eulises messed up, Janus adapted to keep him from getting embarrassed. Eventually Eulises was using his own steps, and moving along to the music as the other child Gods cheered. "You are doing very well." Janus praised, causing Eulises to grin and feel a rush of pride.

"Do you really think I'll have someone to dance with one day?" Eulises whispered after about half an hour of trying to follow the steps Janus was teaching him. "If you want to, I'm sure you will." Janus assured him. "But what if I hurt them?" Eulises asked nervously. "You haven't hurt me, have you?" Janus retorted. "For all I know I have... You're good at hiding it." Eulises muttered bitterly, causing Janus to laugh.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing." Janus apologised, calming down as Eulises stopped dancing. Eulises crossed his arms and looked away, causing Janus to sigh. "I am alright, Eulises. You are doing very well. Besides, you have all the time in the world to learn how to control your powers. I'm sure by the time you're old enough for a relationship, you'll have an easier time knowing your strength." Janus assured him. "Promise?" Eulises asked, causing Janus to hesitate. Eulises sighed, knowing that Janus was probably hesitating because he didn't want to make a promise that couldn't be kept.

"Never mind..." He murmured, looking at the ground and stepping back.

Janus looked worried as he looked at Eulises, then sighed before attempting a reassuring smile. "Promise." He decided, causing Eulises to look up in surprise.

"But, you have to work towards it. Everyone has trouble controlling their powers, and while you have me to help you, it will be your responsibility to learn a healthy way to control yours." Janus warned. Eulises nodded before launching himself towards Janus, causing the God of Secrets to chuckle as he returned the hug.

"Alright, now it's time for the rest of you to practice." Janus instructed, causing some of the other children to either express excitement, obedient nods, or reluctant groans. Janus chuckled, then turned back to Eulises when he felt a tug on his sleeve.

"Can I go play with Memoria?" He asked. "Memoria is very busy, Eulises." Janus informed him. "So is Febris and she was dragged out here to learn how to dance!" Eulises argued. "Febris wasn't dragged out here. She wanted to learn how to dance. I have enlisted a few snakes to assist in guiding the humans while she's here." Janus explained. "Then do that for Memoria!" Eulises countered. "If she asks me to, I will." Janus stated.

"Wait, don't-" He then began when Eulises lit up. It was too late, however. Eulises had already teleported away, fully planning on bugging Memoria until she asked Janus for assistance.