Chapter 4

Stella's P. O. V:

I enter Bright Fields the next morning to get ready for my dressage lesson with my new instructor. Levi is joining me this morning as mum has her lesson later in the afternoon.

Jade and Becky have left with Ben, Becky's younger brother, and Bob to The Pier in order to gain money for Pony Camp tomorrow.

I wear a short sleeved red shirt with a few buttons and white trim in the collar and cuffs, and a pair of beige jodhpurs with my tall boots.

I groom Aurora before I tack her up and lead her to the sandy arena where a black haired man stands. Levi is already there with Olaf. He has a bit of a stubble and wears a black shirt with jodhpurs.

In my opinion, he looks like a dreamboat.

Just because I'm taking a break from competing, doesn't mean I can be slack with my lessons

"Stella Walker?" The brown haired man greets as I stop before him.

"Yes?"

"I'm Joshua Bell and I'll be yours and Levi's trainer. Call me Josh, if you like. Please mount your horses and warm up,"

Levi and I mount Olaf and Aurora and begin our warm up. After about thirty minutes, Josh calls us to stand before him.

"Alright. I've been told by your mother that you both are at Elementary level dressage. I want you to show me your walk to canters first," Says Josh. We nod as Pin stops by and perches on the fence to watch with Zoe. I'd heard Sam wants to give her lessons too but she said we have have the arena first for our lesson. "You go first, Levi."

Levi nods and nudges Olaf forwards onto a brisk walk down the side of the arena. After a couple of seconds, he kicks him into a strong canter. Olaf jumps smoothly into the Center and goes straight down the side line.

Josh nods his head in approval as Levi returns in a trot before pulling up beside me.

"Good. Very smooth. Your turn, Stella."

I nod before I nudge Aurora forwards. Nearing the sideline, I nudge her to a canter. She enters a smooth canter.

I go back to Josh as he says, "Great job, Stella. I want you to go again. We'll work on your walk to canters today."