Chapter 10

Stella's P. O. V:

I walk to Raven's empty stall the next day in a long sleeved brown shirt and brown jodhpurs, my hair in a ponytail. I'm also wearing my sleeveless brown jacket and tall boots.

"Zoe, Derek's here," Jade says softly to the Phillips who is standing in Raven's stall doorway, arms crossed

I ask, "Are you okay, Zoe?" She nods silently.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about Raven. He's probably driving the truck back as we speak," Becky says in an attempt to cheer the African-American girl up.

"Come on. Let's go," I say with a jerk of my head. We join up with the others outside of Sam's office.

Sam asks Zoe, "Are you alright?" Zoe just nods silently.

"No—No, I'm not alright! Now, I've had two horses stolen," Mia says tersely, glaring.

"We're all upset. It's awful," Says Sam.

"Daddy's absolutely livid," Mia says as Susie nods in agreement. "He has a good mind to sue the stables."

"That's not going to help bring Raven home, is it?" Zoe asks.

"What's it to you? He's my horse!"

"Look! There were three guys the first time at the stables they tried to take him. The photographer guy must have been working with them! You should be questioning him right now!"

Derek apologises, "I'm sorry, Zoe. We don't have enough evidence to charge him. He was released this morning."

"What?!" Zoe and I exclaim in unison as we frown.

"Just let us deal with the investigation."

Zoe says sarcastically, "Yeah! The people let the main suspect go! Go ahead, do your job!"

"Zoe," Sam scolds. "The best thing we can do is carry on. We've got the County Show tomorrow."

"How can you even think that with Raven missing?" I demand to know, now glaring.

"Life must go on!" Sam tells us sternly. "I want you all in the tack room in an hour. We're going to go over the show courses together, and we're going to work out how we're going to win this thing."

I shake my head at Sam before I break away from my friends and walk off.

I ignore Sam and mum calling after me, "Stella...!"

I try to fight the tears that sting my eyes as I wander aimlessly. I can't believe Raven was stolen. I just couldn't.

I decide to ride Aurora to Pin's house. I also have an apple in my jumper pocket. Then, I remember his conversation with Zoe and my heart skips a beat. Pin really feels that way about me? I do too. I'll definitely tell him today.