Chapter 9: I'm sorry?

It wasn't until 11pm when Ali got the courage to leave her dorm room.  She wore tight jeans, an over sized sweater, and her hair up in a messy bun.  

She knew what she had to do.  Or at least something she had to do in an attempt to fix the mess she had just created.

Ali was in a daze all the way to Niall's flat.  She didn't  know what she was going to say, but she knew she had to face him. There would be no point in lying to him.

Niall answered the front door of the flat wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants. He looked as beautiful as always, but Ali couldn't look him in the eyes.

Niall leaned in to hug her, but he could see the empty look in her eyes. Something was wrong.

"What the hell is going on?" Niall said as he ushered Ali inside. "I know you were with Harry. I want you two to be friends, you don't have to hide that from me. I know you weren't going to fight forever and I know telling him about us won't be easy but-"

"I slept with Harry." Ali said flatly, cutting Niall of mid sentence. Niall just stood there, frozen by her words. Ali stared at the ground as she tried not cry.

"O-okay" Niall whispered as if he were trying to find the words to say.

"It just happened. I have no excuse, but I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I don't know why or what to say." Ali told Niall.

"Did ya want it to happen?" Niall said, looking straight at Ali. Ali looked at him, confused. "Did you want it to happen?" Niall repeated a bit more harshly.

"I used to. All I ever wanted was Harry, but you happened. Now, now I don't know what I want and that's not fair to you." Ali said honestly.

"All I ever wanted was you. That's all I still want. This isn't fucking fair." Niall said as he rubbed his hands over his face. Ali didn't know what to say because she didn't even know what she felt. She was numb.  Everything felt wrong, so Ali left without saying another word.