Chapter 12: Flash Foward

It's been a year since Harry and Ali became an official couple.  From the start the relationship was intense and passionate.  One Direction fans everywhere watched as the couple feel deeper and deeper into their love.  It was the kind of love books are written about, but that was then.  A year later, things have changed.

Harry looks at Ali the same way he has since the day he first kissed her.  Not a day goes by that he doesnt ask how he got so lucky with her.  She's beautiful, but there's also nobody else in the world he'd rather talk to.  Even when they fight, which is often, he wants to kiss her.  Whenever she is near he wants to hold her hand.  It has been that way for a year and is not fading.

All Ali ever wanted was Harry Styles.  Not popstar Harry, but curly headed goofball Harry.  Dating Harry was everything she imagined it would be.  They would kiss in the middle of the road, dance into the middle of the night, fight until they ended up making out.  Unlike Harry, this passion was disapeering for Ali.  Butterflies no longer filled her belly when he looked at her.

Ali now waited backstage at a One Direction concert in New York City.  Sound check was ending.  She use to love filling the time between sound check and showtime with quickies in Harry's dressing room, but now she spent this time trying to catch glimpses of Niall.

The story of Ali and Niall was brief and scarring.  It was long ago, but Ali had flashbacks of her standing at Niall's door.  She chose Harry and that killed Niall.  Now Ali wished she would have chosen Niall and that thought haunts her.

Its not that her love with Harry hasn't been amazing, it just feels like a daydream.  It feels like a bunch of moments she dreamt up as a child now being acted out.  It didnt feel real.  But Niall, Niall felt real.  Ali didn't no why.