Prolouge

The boiling Isles, A world made out of the dead surrounded by well a sea of boiling water. The most known town BonesBorough set on the right arm of the fallen titan's skeleton. But closer to the hand past the forest was a much smaller town more known for its sailing ability due to how close they were situated to the water.

This town was known as Bellmoor. A town known best for its amazing waterfall "Beast Cascades". Given that name from its most famous pirate Miranda "Golden" Jacks. A town also known for its teachings that prioritizes hunting, sailing, and being a pirate over magic.

Due to this, it causes most children living here to aspire to become like the greats of their town. Even then all the children of this town still attend the closest school Hexside School of Magic and Demonics. Their only way of transport there is a dragon bus. If you missed any of them you could kiss the school day goodbye.

It was a common occurrence for some kids to try to skip and either get to learn more about their town greats or fail and receive a scolding. Another reason for the people waking up early is to make sure those kids either learned to uphold the reputation of their town or to be seen off to school.

The town was small and besides pirates, the tourist is one of the main contributors to its economy but the people were fine with that. They found greatness and pride in their town. From the children hoping to be great to the elders happy with their lives.

Now being a town known for Hunters and Pirates caused a need for a place for all alike to settle down after a hard day's work. Somewhere to pick up jobs, talk with others in different or similar professions, grab a drink and let some steam out, even stop for a quick town pit-stop.

Of course, there was also a club within the town but that was for people seeking fun and entertainment. The place where people who needed a break from their hard jobs simply stopped by Zena's Tavern. A pub/Inn previously owned by her parents which she gladly took on.

Even being raised in this town she still learned Beast keeping magic from Hexside as she had two beasts both an eco mouse and a rat-worm. Her palismen was a snake and she was more than glad that it chose her to be its owner.

Her father being a goliath and her mother being a snake demon made her have scaly patches while still having her appearance resembling her father. Her skin could be described as cinnamon. She had long amber hair with an undercut. She had scratches from past bar fights on her buff arms and some on her face. Most of her neck was covered in tribe tattoos she carried for her family. Not to mention her fangs that with her venomous glands could paralyze whoever dared her.

But despite these scary attributes she was as gentle as someone who had their patience tested daily by the people who pay her. But still, she tried to show care for the people of this town knowing she'll most likely see them even out of the tavern. All except for one person.

He was considered dangerous, violent, self-righteous, cocky, arrogant, and downright careless. He was a bounty hunter, one of the greatest in fact. So great that he was named the job itself due to no other name being able to do him justice.

Much to Zena's annoyance it only added to his ego. His main reason for going to Zena's Tavern so much is due to it being bounty and pirate central. Always having quests, bounty's, and people to sail you around. It was his easiest way for connections and snails.

And of course, they have a history as he first started showing up when her parents owned it and he teased her a lot as she worked there in their late 20s. They even tried to have a relationship at a point but decide against it. No matter how she thinks of him badly or not she could never turn her back on him and vice versa.

Even with their ended relationship, they felt like soulmates. They understood each other, helped each other, and have been great friends. But even more, it's gotten to a point that they've become something like a family where even He was invited to dinners as a son by her parents.