•Don't Worry, Any Time•

'Buongiorno!' Angelo almost screams from the path walk as I'm walking home from the market.

That's another thing about Italy that I love, all the fresh fruit and vegetables in the market. It's delicious and it's always fun to chat with people even if I have to break my brain.

'Hey you.' I smile at him crossing the street.

'I see you're enjoying your stay here, already getting the best stuff from the best ones.' He smiles licking his lips.

'Kind of.' I chuckle. 'I missed just walking around you know, this place holds so many memories.' I smile looking at the beach, people already started taking their spots and it's only 10am.

'I know, that's why I've decided to come back. It's just such a good place to be.' He smiles and I know what he means.

'Wait, you mean like staying to live or just for holidays?' I ask curiously.

'Oh no.. For me it's just for holidays, well for few months so a bit long holiday.' He starts laughing. 'Matteo is the one who's living here.' He smiles sheepishly.

'Really?' I've got too excited about the news, Elia calm the fuck down.

'Yeop.' He pops the 'p' and we start walking towards our houses.

'You know, I thought I'd come for few weeks and be out but the more I think about it the longer I want to stay. My nonna is basically everything I have, well my dad as well but he's been so busy with work.' I roll my eyes.

'What about your friends?' He looks confused.

'Well..' I start biting my cheek from the inside. 'Since I separated with my boyfriend I haven't really seen any of them. Seems like they've decided to stay his friends. I don't know, I don't blame them.' I say but I know deep down it makes me sad.

'Sorry for asking.' He looks apologetically. 'But I know that feeling, sucks.'

'Yeah, it sucks.' I agree. 'I'd say my cousin Emily is like a best friend to me but after my mum died I've been pushing here away a lot.' I know I've been so wrong for doing that and there's no one to blame.

'I'm sure she understands.' He says. 'Wait. Is that the Emily that used to come with you?'

'Yes, she wanted to come just to make sure I'm alright but I think I need time to myself and I want to spend more time with nonna.'

'I remember her, she used to always argue with Matteo. They both were a bit of an assholes.' I laugh after he says it.

'That's true, do you remember when she started throwing water balloons at him and he was literally just after dressing up for some occasion.' I smile remembering that.

'Yeah, he was so pissed. It was his favourite shirt.' He starts laughing. 'Do you remember that time when Matteo was trying to scare us but we knew it and you scared him instead.' He is full on laughing and I join.

That's insane, how much I forgot and how much I'm remembering day by day. I really needed to be here, I needed to let myself remember all the best memories.

'You know, our childhood was so good and all because one day we met at this same beach.' I say in nostalgic mood and Angelo agrees.

'Well, that's my castle.' I smile as we wave goodbye.

I walk in with my shopping bag and start placing everything I've got in places. Nonna is still at her "tea party", she's so active I'm sure her life is more interesting than mine. I start chopping some fruit and grab yogurt making sure everything's covered in it. Yummy!