•Please•

I open my eyes and it takes few minutes to understand that I'm somewhere inside. What's going on? I try to lift my head up but can't, my whole body hurts as I try to move.

What is this place? I'm sure it's not my house and for sure I'm not in a hospital. My heavy eyes starts exploring around the place but it's very unfamiliar.

It's too dark to see exactly where I am and there's no light from the outside to help me. I try to move again and slowly I sit against the hardwood end of the bed.

Silky sheets hugs my body and I'm sure I had my dress on the last time I was awake, I'm trying to see what am I wearing as doors opened and light was turned on attacking my vision.

'You're awake.' I hear a voice and all my anxiety disappears.

'Matteo, what happened?' My voice sounds cranky and he quickly gives me a glass of water.

'You fainted out of nowhere so I brought you to my house. I called your dad because I wasn't sure if we should go to the hospital, he said it happened not long ago, you need to get that checked.' He sits beside me and lifts his one arm so I could lean on him.

Without a hesitation I lay on his chest as his pine scent brings me to relaxation.

'Yeah, I had it under control but I think I'm gonna need to get my bloods done again. It's second time fainting in a month.' I almost whisper not wanting to talk about my health.

'Elia, You know I'm here to help you and to take care of you.' He starts caressing my hair.

'Why?' I ask quietly.

'Because I care. Because everyone needs to be look after sometimes.' His answer is so simple and logical, I don't know what was I expecting.

That he would tell me he loves me? Was I expecting him to say how much he needs me? No... we're good friends, we're just friends.

'So who takes care of you then?' I lift my head up looking at his handsome face.

'You.' Smile appears on him. 'Without even knowing you helped me so much.'

'How so?' I look at him confused.

'Just by listening and being beside me. You're such a great person.' His face is so close.

Kiss me... Please, just once let me know how it feels to have your lips on mine.

I exhale and plop my head back on his chest, why all these thoughts keeps attacking me? Why can't we just be friends? I know it would just ruin everything we have now, I shouldn't even dream about the things I'm thinking.

'We're gonna see the doctor tomorrow.' Matteo says getting under the covers and just now I realise he's wearing only shorts.

'Did you change me?' I ask remembering I'm only in large shirt.

'Yes, I wouldn't let you sleep in that uncomfortable material.' He continues playing with my hair. 'Don't worry I didn't peek and for sure I didn't look at your stupid tattoo.' He starts laughing and my face turns red, no way...

'Matteo, you did not.' I move away from him looking how red he's getting from laughing that hard and honestly he looks adorable when he laughs.

'Now I know why you said you don't have tattoos.' He's out of breath from laughing as I'm just looking at him embarrassed. 'Please tell me you were drunk when you got it.' He keeps laughing filling his bedroom with laughter.

I don't even feel embarrassed anymore as I join him laughing, he's right, I wasn't sober when I got that stupid tattoo.

'It was truth or dare with my friends on my eighteenth birthday.' I fall on my back and cover my face with his duvet.