Friendship Games Part 10

Principal Hildy: (angrily) Queen Delightful, on behalf of MVU, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games! Clearly, Jollywood has had unfair advantage for quite some time! And it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!

Queen Delightful: I'd like to think that saving the world benefits us all.

Ally: At least they didn't manipulate Grumpy into releasing all the stolen magic and turning into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game.

Happy: Wow! That's a lot to take in when you say it all at once.

Principal Hildy: That's ridiculous!

Sir Yipsalot: Nope, that's pretty much what happened.

Lavender: (sweetly) Actually, we're all to blame. (sourly) Mostly it was her.

Principal Hildy: Obviously my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!

Lord Starchbottom: Oh, and the portals to different dimensions.

Dean Grim: And don't forget to tell them about the talking dog. (laughs)

Sir Yipsalot: Because that would never ruin your reputation.
Principal Hildy storms off.

Queen Delightful: Well, I know these Friendship Games haven't been what any of us expected, but given what we've all just been through, I think it's fair to declare us all winners.
Everyone cheers.

Dean Grim: I guess that was one way to finish up your time at MVU. Pretty sure Hildy will be fast-tracking your application after all of that.

Grumpy: I've been thinking about it and... I'm not so sure now is the time for me to apply to teach at Everton.

Dean Grim: Really?

Grumpy: I may know about a lot of things, but friendship isn't really one of them. And I'm definitely not gonna learn more about it by being alone all the time.

Dean Grim: So, you're staying at MVU?

Grumpy: Well, it seems the people here in Jollywood know an awful lot about the subject. I don't suppose...

Dean Grim: There's a school here you could transfer to instead.

Grumpy: Really?

Dean Grim: You'd certainly be missed at MVU, especially since you used to be a student there. But I think that's a great idea! I'll be sure to speak to Queen Delightful about it right away.

Dopey: Still no word from the other Grumpy?

Doc: Not yet. But I think I may have figured out how magic works here. We pony up when we're showing the truest part of ourselves. I was so busy waiting for someone else to give me the answers that I gave up looking for them myself. I'm sure there will be more magical problems that pop up here, but like Sleepy said, Grumpy has his own problems to worry about on the other side of Jollywood. We can't expect him to always be around to help us.

Grumpy: But maybe I can be?

Queen Delightful: It seems we have a new Wondercolt here in Jollywood!

Grumpy: I'm not sure how much help I could be. But I'd like to try. If you would all give me a chance.

Queen Delightful: I'm sure I can count on you guys to help him feel at home.

Doc: You sure can.

Happy: (squee)
My precious dwarfskies and Sir Yipsalot all go in for a group hug. Later, Grumpy spends time with all of them outside the cottage. Just then, the original Grumpy finally pops out of the portal, wearing his cheese factory outfit.

Grumpy: I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner, fellas! I didn't get your messages until just now because I was caught in this time travel loop that randomly happened during one of my shifts and, honestly, it was the strangest thing that's ever happened to me!
Grumpy is surprised to see a nerdy duplicate standing in front of him. The other Grumpy gives him a small wave hello.

Grumpy: Make that the second strangest.
(end credits)

Grumpy: 🎵I spent so much time searchin', lookin' for somethin' more. Diggin' holes too deep and opening every door. And when you stand too close, yeah, the picture's never clear. And when you look too far away, it all but disappears.🎵

The 7D: 🎵And it was right (right) there in front of me, (Oh-oh, ah-oh-oh) just too close for me to see! (Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh) Sometimes the things you want are not the things you need, and it was right there in front of me!🎵

Doc: 🎵There was a time before, I didn't know where I belonged. I thought I needed more and that I couldn't get along.🎵

Grumpy and Doc: 🎵But who I am was all I ever needed, and when I faced that test, I finally succeeded!🎵

The 7D: 🎵And it was right (right) there in front of me, (Oh-oh, ah-oh-oh) just too close for me to see! (Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh) Sometimes the things you want are not the things you need, and it was right there in front of me! Oh, whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh!🎵

Grumpy and Doc: 🎵And it's all I'll ever need!🎵

The 7D: 🎵Oh, whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh!🎵

Grumpy and Doc: 🎵And it was right there in front of me!🎵

The 7D: 🎵Oh, whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh!🎵

Grumpy and Doc: 🎵And it's all I'll ever need!🎵

The 7D: 🎵Oh, whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh! And it was right there in front of me-ee-ee!🎵