hungover kiss

eleven

walking back inside was a huge mistake. i mean, i can't even see straight. the music blasts so loud i feel like my head is going to explode and the lights, oh my god the lights, why do they have to be so bright?

"lorelai?"

i turned my head, finding taylor standing behind me.

ugh.

"what?" i snapped, holding onto the wall for support.

"have you seen belly? i really need to talk to her. i messed up bad." she said, tears in her eyes.

"she left i think."

"fuck." the girl cursed, running a hand through her hair, "why did i hookup with steven?"

my mouth dropped and i began laughing, "you hooked up with steven?!"

"it's not funny." she rolled her eyes, wiping away a tear, "i really messed up."

"well you can come back with us. we're leaving now."

"thanks rory."

i smiled and wrapped an arm around her, the two of us walking out of the party, finding the boys in the same spot from before. "conrad fisher, i have a very important mission for you."

"what?" the boy asked with a small smile.

"find steven. we want to go."

"alright. i'll meet you guys at the car." conrad walked back inside into the loud house.

"are you and belly okay?" jeremiah asked.

"no i fucked up." taylor responded.

the three of us walked to the car. jeremiah helped me sit down. i nearly fell of course, my stupid ass. i was in the middle with taylor and jere on either side of me. we thought it would be better if steven sat in the front. make things less awkward.

🐚

"hey ror." a soft voice said, shaking me a little. my eyes opened and i was welcomed with jeremiahs face. he was smiling at me, "we're home."

he helped me out of the car and into the house. the moms were asleep which was good and we all quietly walked up the stairs.

i was about to walk into my room but jeremiah stopped me, "jere im tired."

"i just wanted to kiss you goodnight." he smiled, pushing a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear. i rolled my eyes, "okay."

the boy leaned down and we kissed.

"goodnight jeremiah." i whispered softly after pulling away.

"goodnight lorelai."

i stumbled into my room and found belly laying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. i closed the door and she looked over at me, "can i sleep in here tonight? i seriously cant be near her right now."

i nodded with a smile, "of course."

i grabbed my pajamas and went to the bathroom, changing quickly. once i was done, i walked back into my room and turned the lights off, laying down next to belly.

"cant believe she hooked up with my brother." belly sighed.

"im sorry that happened belly."

——

the next morning rolled around, fast. my head was pounding as i sat up in bed, belly no longer next to me.

"knock knock." jeremiah opened the door, walking in with his famous hungover smoothie.

i smiled and grabbed it from him, drinking the whole thing. jeremiah stared at me in shock as i handed it back to him, "that was the fastest anyone has ever drank my smoothie."

"i needed it." i laid back down, rubbing my eyes, "are belly and taylor okay?"

"no not really." he sat down on my bed, "belly and laurel just left to bring taylor to the bus station."

"damn. well, they always figure it out. they can't stay mad at each other forever." i said, leaning my head against his shoulder. he smiled down at me, "that's for sure."

"jere."

"yeah?"

should i ask this?

"do you want our relationship to stay private?"

by the look on his face, i'm guessing he does. but why? doesn't he want people knowing we're together? that no one can no longer hook up with him? and me?

"it's your choice, lorelai," jeremiah finally said, grabbing a hold of my hand.

don't put this all on me.

"okay. but we can not tell your mother or laurel yet, okay? or even dean. he will freak."

jeremiah laughed, "okay. that's fine."

"okay."

the boy smiled and planted a soft kiss on my lips, making me smile. the way i feel when this boy kisses me is the best feeling in the world.

my summer wish is coming true.