how could you?

fifteen

"im so sorry rory!" belly ran over to me, "i didn't mean to hit you, im really sorry."

"it's okay." i sent her a fake smile, dusting off the sand from my clothes.

"rory..."

"seriously belly, good win. you and conrad did good."

i wanted her to leave me alone. just please leave me alone and she did and joined back up with conrad who was staring at me.

"you okay?" he mouthed out and i nodded, "yeah."

i watched as belly and conrad received the trophy from susannah who was thrilled that the two won. i rolled my eyes and walked over to get some water and an ice pack. i was pissed off. she bailed on me for taylor. how could she?

"maybe next time you'll win, lorelai." taylor shrugged with a smile.

"go fuck yourself taylor." i snapped at her and she back away, shocked, "jesus okay."

"lorelai, don't do this now." jeremiah said, grabbing the ice pack from my hand and holding it up to my eye, "it sucks that you didn't win but don't react like that."

i scoffed and shoved his hand away, "it's perfectly fine for me to act this way, jeremiah. she bailed on me for taylor. how the hell am i supposed to raise money now?!"

"you always figure it out." he smiled, pulling me into a much needed hug, "besides if you don't, we can do a lemonade stand or sell ice cream."

"what are we 10?" i asked and he just laughed, "we'll figure it out."

"hey rory, the girls are coming over to my boat later tonight. just to hang and chill. i already told belly and taylor so i was wondering if you wanted to come?" nicole asked me with a smile.

"yeah sure." i said, smiling.

"great! cya tonight!"

🐚

jeremiah walked with me to nicoles boat which was huge. i saw the girl smiling and waving at me before i even stepped foot on the dock.

jeremiah laughed as we stopped walking, "that's a huge boat."

"i know." i said, smiling but that faded when belly and taylor walked past us both belly and jere sharing eye contact which was unreadable and well, weird.

"care to explain what that was all about?" i asked him, crossing my arms.

"what?" he asked confused, taking his eyes off belly.

"is something going on between you two?" i asked, forcing myself to hold back my tears.

"no, no." he shook his head, grabbing my hands, "nothing is going on between belly and i."

"you promise?" i held out my pinky and he nodded with a smile, "promise."

"okay. well see you later." him and i shared a quick kiss before i made my way over to nicoles very large boat.

hours went by and the sun finally set. i was the only one who seemed so interested in watching the sun set. all the other girls were talking.

"rory, play." belly nudged me.

i turned back around, facing her and the girls, "what are we playing?"