fairytale failure

seventeen

i ate a quick breakfast. i knew susannah wanted me to meet her in the back and i didn't want her to be waiting long. i put on my dress and walked outside.

she smiled at me as i sat down, "you look gorgeous, lorelai."

"thank you." i smiled then sighed.

it still hurts. i mean, this is normal right? to feel this way after a break up.

"is everything okay?" susannah asked me as she painted, "you seem upset."

"it's that obvious?"

she laughed, "very."

i sighed, "jeremiah and i were....together. and last night i found out that he and belly kissed."

susannahs warm smile dropped and she placed down her paint brush and gave me a hug, "im so sorry, rory. i had no idea you two were a thing, none of us did."

"it's okay, susannah." i wiped my tears away and smiled at her, "today, i don't want to think i about it at all."

"oh no no no, you need to talk to them both, like right after i finish."

my mouth dropped and i shook my head, "what? no, they should come and talk to me."

"fine. but i don't want you and belly's friendship ruined because of jere." susannah said as she went back to painting, "another question."

"hit me."

"why was conrad in bed with you this morning?"

i nearly choked on my saliva and she smiled.

"he um comforted me last night and yeah...."

"your secret is safe with me."

she finished painting and allowed me to go inside but she wanted me to go and wake jeremiah. ugh.

i walked up the stairs and stand at his door, debating whether or not i should really do this. just do it rory. here goes nothing, "jeremiah?" i knocked.

when he didn't answer, i opened the door, finding him fast asleep. i smiled a little and sat down, shaking him, "your mom wants you up."

his blue eyes snapped open and met mine.

"rory?" his tired voice said as he sat up.

"yup, it's me."

"can we talk about what happened?" he asked, practically begging. the look on his eyes made it hard to say no.

"sure i guess." i said.

"im sorry. what happened between belly and i was a mistake. she kissed me and i-i don't know why but i kissed her back and i regret it now. i love you lorelai, only you." he grabbed a hold of my hand, rubbing it with his thumb, "can we maybe start over?"

should i say yes? how can you say no to those eyes?

no. don't say yes, rory.
don't let him think you'll forget about it.

"jeremiah." i pulled away and stood up, running a hand through my hair, "i cant, not yet."

he stood up right after me, holding onto my arms, "please rory, i'll do anything for you to forgive me. i cant lose you."

"see you at the ball, jere."

i left his room.

🐚